Prepping for Urban Survival
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Prepping for Urban Survival within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I saw the firefighter on National Geographic a week ago and how he was buggin in, threw glass down outside his apartment so that he ...

I saw the firefighter on National Geographic a week ago and how he was buggin in, threw glass down outside his apartment so that he could hear someone coming up the hall. Great idea. I would be worried that looters would catch the building on fire though. Also, if I needed heat, I would have to build a fire inside and that would smoke up the place and I would have to open the window where people would see the smoke.

Is anyone else concerned about urban survival situations? Everyone cannot run to the rual areas.

Re: Prepping for Urban Survival

I am, I live in a town of 25000, 52000 with students, and it's kinda why I don't want to live in an apartment. It'd be fun if the whole apartment was on board but the odds of that are slim to none.

Fire is the most devastating weapon in SHTF, it's damn near impossible to fight off on your own, and if your building catches fire, you lose everything. It's hard to defend against and hard to control. Especially if the cities water is turned off....
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

I'm SOL when SHTF! LOL!
    ~~Any fool can make a rule, and every fool will mind it~~

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

My uncle says this is one of the hardest things for him. His plans is to have at least 4 escape routes out of the city. Mainly staying away from major roads and having extra hiking boots just in case he has to go through rough country.
    You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today. "Abraham Lincoln"

If you have a house, you should stock extra fire extinguishers and extra lumber to Board up the windows if chaos hits!
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Sponsored Links