Family of AR-15 inventor Eugene Stoner: He didn't intend it for civilians. {Baloney!}
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Family of AR-15 inventor Eugene Stoner: He didn't intend it for civilians. {Baloney!}

This is a discussion on Family of AR-15 inventor Eugene Stoner: He didn't intend it for civilians. {Baloney!} within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; This is a laughably stupid thing to say, Stoner had a mouth and he never opened it to say that civilians should not own an ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Family of AR-15 inventor Eugene Stoner: He didn't intend it for civilians. {Baloney!}

This is a laughably stupid thing to say, Stoner had a mouth and he never opened it to say that civilians should not own an AR-15.
    For his moron family members to speak for him postmortem, is ghastly and a politicization of him, and not just his gun. They make me sick.
    He meant for the gun to be in general use by the public. He designed it for Armalite, a company selling to civilians and military customers. They were sold by the thousands to civilians while he was alive, and he never said a thing.
    Family of AR-15 inventor Eugene Stoner: He didn't intend it for civilians - AOL

The article claims that after Stoners death in 1997, a semi-auto version AR-15 was made available to the public, which spawned dozens of copy cat weapons.

The civilian AR-15 was being sold at least as early as 1968, and they must think that we are utterly stupid, and do not remember yesterday.
    They are dangerous idiots, I mean it, they are dangerous to liberty. And it is his family saying it!
    I think this is an insult to Stoner and his memory, and his family is atrocious for doing this. But that has never stopped the politically dangerous of the World before.

Last edited by MisterMills357; 06-16-2016 at 12:41 PM.
    Denton, Gunn, Kauboy and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator

I don't care what his family says. I wouldn't even care if Stoner said that or felt that way.

We, The People, are quickly coming to a point where we will decide what we are willing to do to secure our freedoms.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I don't care what his family says. I wouldn't even care if Stoner said that or felt that way.
    We, The People, are quickly coming to a point where we will decide what we are willing to do to secure our freedoms.
    I know that I am, I have had it with these bush league Commies: and I am of the school of Patrick Henry, more than I am of the RNC/DNC, etc.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Bush league !! You a pool player ? I'll give the the 7, race to 5 for 1,000. 9-ball, rack'm punk ! Lol ! @MisterMills357
    Denton and MisterMills357 like this.

I am beginning to prepare my head for the likelyhood that we will soon see a time when resistance is inevitable and likely necessary to protect our constitutional rights. It will likely not be bloodless.

I do not look forward to that time, or the necessity for it, but I will work to be ready if, and when it comes.
    Denton, SDF880, essdub and 1 others like this.
    This is the last US Presidential Election. Take notes and pictures for the great-grandkids.
    Hidden Content

Pure bullshit!!!
    I bought my first Colt SP1 (AR) in 1963, libshit family members should keep their mouths shut!.
    If he was against their sale, why did he not speak out 50+ years ago???
    He had a price like any other whore out there, and it was paid.
    I saw no protest when Knight's Armament started producing them with his blessing, so, BULSHIT!
    SDF880, Sasquatch, essdub and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Pure bullshit!!!
    I bought my first Colt SP1 (AR) in 1963, libshit family members should keep their mouths shut!.
    If he was against their sale, why did he not speak out 50+ years ago???
    He had a price like any other whore out there, and it was paid.
    I saw no protest when Knight's Armament started producing them with his blessing, so, BULSHIT!
    One thing I don't like about you; I can never tell where you stand on topics.
    Slippy, SOCOM42, Sasquatch and 4 others like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Pretty sure Eugene knew all about the AR/Civilian designation while he was still alive. I don't remember him speaking out about it. I remember Ruger saying civilians didn't need 30 round magazines. That didn't endear him to the gun community either.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    Pretty sure Eugene knew all about the AR/Civilian designation while he was still alive. I don't remember him speaking out about it. I remember Ruger saying civilians didn't need 30 round magazines. That didn't endear him to the gun community either.
    Bill Ruger was a whore also.

At the AWB hearings he sold himself out with the people condemning the AR and AK publicly and with the closed door agreement that his rifles would get the OK and be exempt.
    The bastard knew his sales would climb with the others off the market, yes, another whore, but to our detriment.
    It worked, he offered 20 round mag's for his crap rifles. He lost a lot of market share in 2004 with the AWB expiring.
    Today the Ruger family has turned around on their product limitations, strictly due to profit margins.
    To the best of my recollection, Stoner NEVER questioned the sale to the US civilian market even though he had no control over those sales.
    He was used as a marketing tool by Reed Knight, he didn't protest their either.
    I guess you could say it is all a matter of semantics.

As a final thought, Stoner conceive his rifles, for military usage, all three were adopted my various militaries in the beginning.
    In a play of words, yes, he did not intend them for civilian usage as originally planned, but, never protested the move to the civilian market.
    He was an engineer, and as such, was paid by Fairchild to develop those rifles which include the AR7, AR10 and the AR15.
    I don't think at any time while with Fairchild he was concerned with marketing, it was not his position.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 06-16-2016 at 04:51 PM.

At this point what difference does it make. The world is saturated with his invention and the family has profited. Just because little Johnny spent some of the cash on a college education and got brainwashed isn't going to change a thing.
    essdub likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links