Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts?

This is a discussion on Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Cub Scout, Boy Scout - Eagle Scout, Explorer Scout, Den leader. I tried Boy Scout Master, but found out quickly that Boy Scouts isn't what ...

Poll: Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts?

Cub Scout, Boy Scout - Eagle Scout, Explorer Scout, Den leader.

I tried Boy Scout Master, but found out quickly that Boy Scouts isn't what it used to be. We camped out in the dead of winter and danced the Tomahawk Challenge around a huge campfire. Today they collect cans and bottles and paint park benches... half of them would die in a prolonged stay the woods. Some may see it as a civilized improvement, I can't buy in.
    Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart

I never joined the cubs or scouts or nothing because I knew i wouldn't be able to take any kind of orders or authority.
    My mate Dave's parents pushed him into joining the scouts but he was too much like me and they soon kicked him out

Quote Originally Posted by pakrat View Post
    Cub Scout, Boy Scout - Eagle Scout, Explorer Scout, Den leader.

I tried Boy Scout Master, but found out quickly that Boy Scouts isn't what it used to be. We camped out in the dead of winter and danced the Tomahawk Challenge around a huge campfire. Today they collect cans and bottles and paint park benches... half of them would die in a prolonged stay the woods. Some may see it as a civilized improvement, I can't buy in.
    I think you tried the wrong troop. Where I live the scout troops are still doing the fun stuff. During high adventure outings my son's troop do things like hike the rockies for a week with only the packs on their back. They have survival weekends where they camp in all sorts of weather with no packs, just the clothes they are wearing and what they would normally carry for a day hike. A lost in the woods scenario. Not all troops are created equal, it's up to the leaders.
    teach and learn - both worthwhile endeavors
    John

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

duplicate
    Last edited by jrclen; 02-13-2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: duplicate post
    teach and learn - both worthwhile endeavors
    John

I don't say i am a prepper.

I AM A BOY SCOUT.

BE PREPARED