Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts?

This is a discussion on Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I am a eagle scout...

Poll: Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts?

I am a eagle scout

Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts?

I was a Cub Scout, Eagle Scout, and I've recently joined a Venture crew and Sea Crew.
    Hope to make a new family with the Army or Marines after I'm off probation and finish this semester. Not sure if they will accept me though.
    Any suggestions on how to increase my chances with a record?

-Frank

I was in Scouts my whole life... I was even a Tiger Cub back when it was first a girl scout program for little brothers who had no real reason to be at a girl scout camp. I was a Troop and Explorer leader until the lawsuit that broke up Exploring and the outdoorsy side became Venturing... then became a full time Venturing leader. I quit a few years back when Venturing started becoming more of a social group vs an outdoors group. I followed my son (as an active leader) from Cubs through Scouts but my son and I both dropped out of Boy Scouting when our latest troop informed him that scouts "was not about having fun... it was about earning badges, now get back to your patrol... " or something along those lines. I've had nothing to do with BSA since then and have no intention of going back. Plus... I am so burned out on BSA popcorn. I mean really..... can't they sell something that people actually want?
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason (co-author of the Bill of Rights)
    "A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington
    "If guns don't make people safer...then why do world leaders have armed security?" - Author Unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

HVU

National guards youth force and soon to be special forces anti terrorist taskforce GREBE.

I started out in a Wolf den as a cub scout and eventually made it to the rank of Life as a boy scout, I was a service project away from Eagle and for some reason lost all interest in it. Funny how life gets in the way. My oldest boy (8 this week) is poised to follow in my tracks as this is his first year of scouting, it's changed quite a bit from what I remember. Was looking over the belt loops that are available for Cub Scouts and found out there's a belt loop for video games, WTF??!! Some of the stuff is still the same but some has changed also. The local council and pack are very active and there's something going on every weekend whether it's a den, pack, or council wide function. This gets expensive as you can well imagine (seems like they've always got their hands out for money).

I would imagine the vast majority of preppers were involved in scouting at some point. After all the Motto of the BSA is "Be Prepared" which I think applies to everyone on this site.

-Infidel

I loved the scouts. I started as a Weblo, then cub, and made it to Star Scout, i was one badge away from Life. I was in the Order of the Arrow, Ordeal and Brotherhood, but never made it to Vigil, got too old
    I learned to love camping and the outdoors and to "Be Prepared" from the BSA, and i'm sorry, the idea of gay members/leaders concerns me. I have known many openly gay persons, some i would trust in the position of leadership, some I would not. The devastation from the actions of one errant individual would be unacceptable. There are oppurtunities that can present themselves to those who are not, or at least do not profess to being gay as there are to reportedly "normal" persons. if the individual takes advantage of the opportuntiy is what matters.

Eagle Scout - 1966. And took 'Be Prepared' to heart.

Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Scoutmaster. My son is a Scoutmaster now and one grandson so far is an Eagle Scout. My Dad was a Scoutmaster too. Mom was a Den Mother.
    oswegoscott likes this.
    teach and learn - both worthwhile endeavors
    John

<----THIS guy.

Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts?-eaglescout.png
    "Better to be lookin' at than lookin' for it!" Hidden Content

Former Texas Peace Officer, Fleet Marine Force combat Corpsman,
    CASEVAC and Combat Aircrew, Iraq vet (ground and air)
    Combat medical founder/owner/trainer for DTS North Texas
    Hidden Content

I hated the scouts. I was a 4-H kid though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links