Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts?

This is a discussion on Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I was a cub scout, but I never learned any camping/survival skills. I loved the book they gave us. i still have it. We made ...

Poll: Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Curious... Were you in Cub/Boy/Brownie/Sea/Junior Scouts?

I was a cub scout, but I never learned any camping/survival skills. I loved the book they gave us. i still have it. We made baking soda rockets and crap like that.

I was a Girl Scout for 6 years.

Spent years in the scouts and enjoyed every minute of it, wished I would have gotten into it at an earlier age. I think I only earned 2 or 3 badges though...I got into it for the Camping, Canoing, Fishing, Hiking and all of the other out door activities and woods skills I was able to learn and practice more than the badge earning part of it. Thats pretty pathetic to say I know but Im just being honest about it.

I learned a whole lot from it though. Its had a major impact on my life and I use a lot of the things I learned during those years. I think its an association that all young men could benefit from considerably these days.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    I was a cub scout for a while but those little bitches didn't like me whittling with my pocket knife during outtings and complained about the knife. This was in a suburban area though with a wide span of people who make up some of the fat of the spineless part of our population today. I didn't miss them leaving the scouts and concentrated my youth with friends of caliber learning the woods, pilfering dirty magazines and cigarettes from unaware parents and playing soldier, honing what are now fighting skills. It was lots of fun.

I was a brownie, then girl scout, then a medical explorer scout. After marriage and 5 boys I was cub master for 6 years. Now grandmother and still teaching my grandchildren things we learned.

14th Level Elf Paladin! (its a dungeons and dragons thing)

So if the BSA goes ahead with allowing openly gay leaders/members into the organization, should the name be changed? What should it be called?

"The Gay Scouts of America"? no....

"Fudgepackers" nope! word pictures sorry...

"The Rainbow Coalition" no sorry, already taken. Dang!

I know..."N.A.M.B.L.A. Explorers" whew! Problem solved, disaster averted.

punch, always glad to help out...

Cubs through Eagle.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor - Personal Protection in the Home
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by yzingerr View Post
    Started in first year Webelos, stayed in boy scouts until i was 18. Made it to life scout rank. Only regret in life is not getting my eagle.
    Was in the order of the arrow, went to brown sea, worked camps, was in leadership, and was a great part of my young life!
    OA las well. Vigil member. I learned lessons that I use all the time.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor - Personal Protection in the Home
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

9UC

Was in the Cub Scouts for a short while and then later in the Boy Scouts, but as crazy as it sounds, I was a big kid, and got pressed into going to work in the construction trade as a semi skilled laborer at age twelve by my father on all weekends, holidays and summers until I graduated from high school.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    Life Member: Vietnam Security Police Assn VSPA), DVA, VVA, VFW

Boy Scouts for just a couple of years. We moved a good bit (Air Force Brat) and I lost interest when our sponsor threatened to boot us over a couple of black kids we took into the troop (1972-ish).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links