How do you rank against the doomsday preppers?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How do you rank against the doomsday preppers? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I was watching the show and I told myself that I felt more prepared that most of them. There were some that I wasn't even ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How do you rank against the doomsday preppers?

Jeb

I was watching the show and I told myself that I felt more prepared that most of them. There were some that I wasn't even close to, but it made me feel good knowing that if this is what national geographic calls a prepper, then I'm in pretty good shape.

however, there was a couple that had those school bus and I said to myself that I want to be that prepared!
    ActionJackson likes this.

Re: How do you rank against the doomsday preppers?

I'm at prep level 5 maybe, all I have is my 5 guns and a couple thousand rounds of ammo....
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

When I first say the Nat Geo on tv about a half a year ago, I said "I'll never do that" and I also said "I think some of them are actually crazy". Go figure! Now I have a forum promoting it!!!! I have my guns, food storage, my security levels in place, my bug out/in plans, my alternative energy is going up, preparing for a garden, getting the rest of the family into it, and the list goes on and on....

and I still don't consider myself "well" prepared!

I do oogle my preps from time to time. Its a reminder of where I was, what I am now, and what I plan on doing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Don't get me wrong I love the show, but I feel like they try and make preppers out to be crazy. The show shouldn't be doomsday preppers for one, it should just be preppers, but hollywood loves the sound of fear, so doom satisfies that. Kinda dumb but the first season I think had pretty sane people, the ones with the pool and tilapia were super smart!
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

I agree, and your right where they are trying to make them out to be crazy. From what I've learned from the actual folks on the show, they modified their behavior to a certain extent to make the show interesting.

Banned

I have a youtube channel that shows a lot of my stuff but then again you aren't seeing some of the bigger things we have going on. We have several mini farms amounting to a big farm, I've got guns that no body armor can protect you from, hell a brick wall can't protect you from my main gun. My sniper rifle is mean as living hell, I could pop a man in the thigh and he would die from brain artery explosions with that puppy while I eat a sandwich on a quiet rooftop somewhere. Good for 250 yards. I do not keep much food compared to most preppers though- I keep only what I can load in the BOV's and haul out with. I hunt and fish and farm and forage instead. I live in an area where people are complete animals just every day, but luckily are most times stupid and timid. Yes I will name names- Atlanta. Its like a white trash, sprawling huge city full of rude sheeple that have no regard and are repulsive human beings. People walk out across major roadways and make cars swerve, everyone flips each other off on the highway and pulls shit like swerving at you. It's the only place I've ever seen where traffic jams happen just because people refuse to let others merge, you have to do like 90 to get on the highways and almost any form of service you get from a business is horrible at best. People waiting in lines at the register think you're crazy for striking up a conversation, the government is corrupt like nothing you've ever seen and the cops are out of this world insane. Literally, one I dealt with before turned out to be a psychopath who is now doing time upstate at a max security penitentiary for going on a shooting rampage from his patrol car. Guys name was Jay Dailey. Look him up.

I keep water, but I have a waterway near here and in my back yard fig plantation so I got that. I have crops here and across town, I have that. We have 'places' that are bomb and detection proof out in the 'woods' somewhere. We are currently working on a generator that runs itself, and close to perfecting it, but we are also able to build solar generators and other power devices just from junk. This is all on my channel. We have food animals going, small livestock, personal crops and a reliable arsenal. Our plan is to bug in as long as we can but this area is a hellhole as is- it's only a matter of time before some stupid asses come raiding the rich neighborhoods set only quarter miles from really poor ones. I have a nice retreat set up with a good buddy that is near a huge national forest- it has a well, solar gates, you can see that on my channel too. It's well outside any city in an area where there are no cops and no local government. We have a castle on the hill so to speak, it's a 100 year old dream house. I thank god for my lucky stars and the lifetime of great friends and family and the things they taught me like tracking and hunting and foraging. I try to share as much as I can on youtube, but there is only so much time in a day. I had flown on an ultralight before I was five. Funny thing about me is I have a photographic memory and can recall back to the time after I was in diapers with very keen detail. Nearly everything that happened to me I can recall, including nearly splitting off my right pinky finger at three years old on a spider man big wheel and my uncle the doctor sewing it back together at Bergen Mercy hospital with me screaming in a papoose restraint. Funny thing was it didn't even hurt, I was just three years old and terrified.

How I rate against doomsday preppers? I couldn't tell you. I think some of the folks on that show are clowns, and some of them are my friends I know personally. What happened to Dave Sarti really pissed me of to the point that he had to talk me down from filing a fraud upon the court and malpractice suit against his city. It would have cost me 50 bucks, it would cost them no less than 20,000 to merely begin the case with all their overpriced, inexperienced lawyers and gaggle of employees. As a prepper I would say I was into this decades before it was cool, I was always a kid who would rather fish or hunt than play ball. I barely even know the rules of any game like football or soccer or baseball. Literally, I never paid anything like that any attention whatsoever. I am a writer, author and computer expert by trade. How I stack up against a perceived concept is merely semantics but in all reality nobody alive wants to see what we can do. Trust me. Neither do we. I hope beyond all hope we can just learn a better way closer to our roots than we know now and all get along. I do my show to teach folks that there's an easier, much more positive way of looking at life that is far less helpless, far more independent and far simpler than they know. Your breakfast is waiting just beyond you window- you just don't know it. Sustainable living is all around you, and that's why my studio is the platform for the wealth around us as my own personal blog. Some of my artists don't agree but as I tell them- there's no sense in blowing sunshine up your asses. In this business you either sink or swim.

Here's a sample- yes, that is a pistol case converted into a solar generator made out of junk we found at the dump. That switch is from a table fan. The photovoltaic array on the face was made with discarded solar lawn lights held in place with scotch tape. Yes, it will run a cell phone or a laptop no problem. We have built these in tool boxes, cars and even waterproof backpacks. We even posted a step by step video with a diagram on building a bigger one by hand. Just check it out and see what I mean- there's a wealth around us. It's all in how you look at it.

I am nowhere near what any of the preppers on the show are, but I I am way ahead of anyone I know personally. All anyone can do is keep on preppin'. It a'int over till' it's over!
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

I'm still in the "hardware stock-piling" aspect of being a prepper. We have a solid brick tornado shelter in out basement (it's a builder's home, and he built very solidly), but I have not even begun the process of emergency radios, fireproofing or all-terrain escape vehicles.

We do try to buy one major item per month. It looks like a long road.
    Denton and ActionJackson like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    I don’t kiss and tell......my preps if any are my business......
    Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeb View Post
    I was watching the show and I told myself that I felt more prepared that most of them. There were some that I wasn't even close to, but it made me feel good knowing that if this is what national geographic calls a prepper, then I'm in pretty good shape.

however, there was a couple that had those school bus and I said to myself that I want to be that prepared!
    I could have a cheap pocket knife and jar of water and be more prepared than most of the numskulls on that show. But seriously, I haven't watched the show in ages. I did see a couple of guys way back when who seemed fairly prepared but for the most part the "actors" were either dreamers, pretenders, or literally unprepared.

But I don't pat myself on the back either. As prepared as I believe myself to be ... there's always another step I can take to be more so.
    "The Duty Of A True Patriot Is To Protect His Country From Its Government"
    ~Thomas Paine~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links