Instant Potatoes - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Instant Potatoes

This is a discussion on Instant Potatoes within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Instant smacked up taters are covered here. Quick easy and I can eat them with just a dash of salt and hot sauce. Part of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Instant Potatoes

Instant smacked up taters are covered here. Quick easy and I can eat them with just a dash of salt and hot sauce. Part of my regular food storage plan.
    A Watchman and Seneca like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Mine get "rotated" very frequently.
    A Watchman and Seneca like this.
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

My grandkids love them things. I don't think they know about cooking real potatoes and mashing them up!
    We may to do that one weekend just for the experience and compare them to instant.
    Seneca likes this.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

even if you have plenty of instant potato buds stored away - I encourage you to have a wholesale grocer or farm source located for some "last minute" buying of some real spuds .... they are one of the better storage crops for root cellaring ....
    Auntie and Seneca like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    But I still have hundreds pounds of the real thing, most sprouting for light, down in the cellar.

Don't worry , plan on finding them some dirt this week..............
    Oh yeah I got some in my garage, finding them dirt is the problem...

Rancher
    Seneca likes this.

I think instant potato pouches are a nice prep idea, they are simple to make just add water and heat. They don't take up a lot of space, store well for a long time and most grocers carry them.

For the person just getting into prepping and wondering what to prep food wise, instant potatoes may be a good idea to help fill out the menu. Likewise for the person living in a apartment with limited space. Being light they also make a good backpacking entrée for a dinner meal.

I like the #10 cans, yet I have a hunch there will be times when opening a pouch or two would make more sense than opening a #10 can.

Super Moderator

If they are the potato flakes we were raised on them, I guess Mom didn't know you could make mashed potatoes out of real potatoes... this was the 50's-60's OMG

Rancher

We never have enough of these in stock in our pantry. I just bought another 4 boxes yesterday when I was out shopping. I have some in mylar, but most of the get used up before we get them into the long term storage. Maybe if the local walmart had 20-30 boxes on the shelves at once I'd buy them and get them sealed up. I hate sealing just one or 2 bags of something at a time. I want to have at least 10 gallon bags or more for it to be worth while.

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    I think instant potato pouches are a nice prep idea, they are simple to make just add water and heat. They don't take up a lot of space, store well for a long time and most grocers carry them.

For the person just getting into prepping and wondering what to prep food wise, instant potatoes may be a good idea to help fill out the menu. Likewise for the person living in a apartment with limited space. Being light they also make a good backpacking entrée for a dinner meal.

I like the #10 cans, yet I have a hunch there will be times when opening a pouch or two would make more sense than opening a #10 can.
    What brand do you buy?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links