Buying a house - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Buying a house

This is a discussion on Buying a house within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; A thread where it would be easy to like every post, all make sense. Buying a home latter in life you must consider condition. You ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Buying a house

A thread where it would be easy to like every post, all make sense. Buying a home latter in life you must consider condition. You do not want to be trying to make a lot of improvements or have one that needs a lot of work. Size is another thing S may not hit the fan in ways we think. Don't be trying to pay for or maintain to big a house.
    Location is a big thing avoid where others will head to both during SHTF and just because it is a good place to move to.
    In my way of looking a Preping major things must work both ways if SHTF and if it don't. I personally am more concerned with all out civil unrest.
    Good luck buying a home is a major life changer.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron1 View Post
    A free-standing wood burning STOVE would be a far better choice than any "FIREPLACE". Also consider where the fuel for a woodburner would come from (in a long-term SHTF situation).
    This! Very muc this!

Banned

My current home was built with no wood stove or fireplace. The 2nd owner bad 2 wood stoves with brick pads and back walls for thermal mass added. They had to add support for the additional weight in the crawlspace. I seriously wish I had a basement but the 3' high concrete and brick walled crawlspace does help keep the temperatures lower for my food preps stored down.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links