Every House Every Structure Catches Fire At The Same Moment - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Every House Every Structure Catches Fire At The Same Moment

This is a discussion on Every House Every Structure Catches Fire At The Same Moment within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Medic wrote lastly an emp works on a different frequency and level and a emp just kills everything that is not shielded magnetically a cme ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Every House Every Structure Catches Fire At The Same Moment

Medic wrote
    lastly an emp works on a different frequency and level and a emp just kills everything that is not shielded magnetically a cme fries the circuits with excessive heat one is not even remotely close to the other.
    HOLY CRAP! Medic actually input something constructive! I'm stunned.

Even so...yes, please move on!

I'm sick of repeating that you are always referring to ELECTRIC cable and not phone or TV/internet cable (which do not have transformers and fuses and breakers).
    Medic33 likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

And, for the record...I have spoken with an electrical engineer who has been incharge of all electrical jobs for most of the schools in his area for over 20 years.

At my request he did some research on the carrington event and he was convinced that the electric cable had enough safeguards that widespread house fires shouldn't be a concern.

However, he wasn't 100% certain, but had great concern about the TV cable.

Common high voltage electrical construction today consists of a lightning arrestor and fuse leading into each transformer. The lighting arrestor will fail due to a high voltage and drain excess to ground. The fuse fails when too much current (too many electrons) crosses the fuse link.
    Phone and cable are normally also supplied with such similar protection.
    Now comes the IMO.
    Power lines will drain much of the over voltage through normal safe guards.
    Most telephone, Ethernet and tv cable will vaporize. Their insulation is only rated for about 35 volts and the conductor is small and can not handle much current.
    Cable TV wire has an 8 ohm leakage between the conductor and the shield which is grounded. But again it's relatively small and will most likely vaporize.
    Can your house/city catch fire.... yes. And this should be part of your plan.
    But there are also many other reasons for a fire to happen.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Ronaldinyo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Thank you deserth3!

It is an unknown. That is all I've been saying from the first post.

Since it's an unknown...it is possible!

This is what I mean by an unknown...

In Washington, D.C., telegraph operator Frederick W. Royce was severely shocked as his forehead grazed a ground wire. According to a witness, an arc of fire jumped from Royce’s head to the telegraphic equipment
    An arc if fire jumps from the ground wire, to his forhead, to the telegraph machine.

Can we really be certain a circuit breaker box is going to prevent this?

If a proffessional can explain it to me...I'm all ears!

Please do!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldinyo View Post
    This is what I mean by an unknown...

An arc if fire jumps from the ground wire, to his forhead, to the telegraph machine.

Can we really be certain a circuit breaker box is going to prevent this?

If a proffessional can explain it to me...I'm all ears!

Please do!
    Well, they do make that paint-on electrical insulation - Maybe you should paint yourself down with that?

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotch-Insu...sulation+paint
    hag likes this.
    "Oh good lord it's the stink bug again. Did you see new faces and drop by like a fag at a birthday party to stink up the place with your phony dihmi hogwash"

hag

Quote Originally Posted by BuckB View Post
    Well, they do make that paint-on electrical insulation - Maybe you should paint yourself down with that?

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotch-Insu...sulation+paint
    Haha haha haha...............haha
    We don't rent pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldinyo View Post
    Draq, you sound knowledgable about electricity.

Even though they did use some batteries, it was a TELEGRAPH cable that caused the "showers of sparks".

Would you be able to compare an 1859 telegraph cable to todays cable TV/internet cable?

I don't know the similarities/differences between them.
    Ok cable TV has an interesting thing trying to help get the signal down the pipe called shielded cable.
    Due to the internet most cable systems had to upgrade to double shielded cable to prevent noise on the system and maximize the signal. As to how it would react well both shields are suppose to be grounded but I wonder if this wouldn't make a crude capacitor in a carrington event. But if its grounded it should not affect it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic33 View Post
    the telegraph I think was bare wire no insulation was it not?
    today everything is grounded ,insulated, and has safety fuses or switches to kill the power-not only that but if an emp -cme or what ever was big enough to fry all the wires what would happen to the power plant were the electricity is made? what, it just miraculously survived unscathed? I do think that if that scenario was even remotely plausible the power plant would either blow sky high or fizzle pop and everyone is now sitting in the dark.
    I mean it would be like trying to power up your solar system with the moon on a cloudy night.
    No the wire was varnished to protect it from the elements otherwise copper corrodes too fast
    Medic33 likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links