EMP attack. Will the United States act before it is used against us?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on EMP attack. Will the United States act before it is used against us? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Recent discussions on the board about EMP attack have caused me to do even more research on the subject. I came across this little gem ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: EMP attack. Will the United States act before it is used against us?

Recent discussions on the board about EMP attack have caused me to do even more research on the subject. I came across this little gem last night, and thought I’d share it with you:

In a statement by Dr. Peter Vincent Pry, member of the United States EMP Commission before the United States Senate Subcommittee On Terrorism, Technology and Homeland Security, on March 8, 2005, he said the following:

“In 2004, the EMP Commission met with very senior Russian military officers, who are experts on EMP weapons. They warned that Russian scientists had been recruited by Pyongyang to work on the North Korean nuclear weapons program. They further warned that the knowledge and technology to develop “Super-EMP” weapons had been transferred to North Korea, and that North Korea could probably develop these weapons in the near future, within a few years. The Russian officers said that the threat to global security that would be posed by a North Korea armed with “Super-EMP” weapons is unacceptable. The senior Russian military officers, who claimed to be expressing their personal views to the EMP Commission, said that, while the Kremlin could not publicly endorse U.S. preemptive action, Moscow would privately understand the strategic necessity of a preemptive strike by the United States against North Korea’s nuclear complex.”

http://www.oregonstatehospital.net/d...030805_pry.pdf

It’s been 10 years since we were warned. In that time the North Koreans have perfected and tested their weapons and rocket delivery systems. We have done nothing. The fate of our nation now hinges on the whim of a madman.

While Oblunder is in office nothing will be done. Except maybe to help finance and encourage a nuclear program.....or do you have to be Muslim to qualify for that assistance? The Hildabeast will do nothing as well. The clock is ticking...tic-tic-tic-tic.
    sideKahr likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Big difference between understanding and agreement. If the Russians were even remotely concerned about their scientists being recruited by the NK government, then perhaps they should take the lead. I would understand...
    SGG likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

east of 15, west of 95, north of 10, south of canada
    Dropped from a satellite over the USA
    Fired from a container ship off the coast or a submarine

You can bet your sweet cheeks that there are people that dislike us talking about how to do it to us
    sideKahr and paraquack like this.
    Partner at the law firm of Dewey Cheatham & Howe
    Board member for Screwem, Goode, and hart

It is really a simple strategy, and according to what I have read it is both relatively cheap and very effective.

The politicians (mired as they are) have done next to nothing to protect the American populace from it. Indeed
    when was the last time a public shelter was built...or for that matter, when was the last time that the few we
    already have was restocked with fresh supplies? Nothing has happened along these lines in a very long time...
    EXCEPT for the super secret facilities dedicated to housing the high-ranking public officials of the White House
    and Congress. The rest of us...? WE ARE ON OUR OWN!!

Forum member "FREE" works in the field of public utilities and says that the problem is overblown. Perhaps
    he is correct. But many other important individuals of considerable merit believe we are "Sitting Ducks" when
    it comes to our preparedness for EMP.

The politicians and planners have known about this for MANY YEARS but have done almost NOTHING to preempt
    it! Simultaneously, I doubt that we will launch such a strike...just like the British marched in straight lines &
    wore red jackets...because that was the "gentlemanly way to fight a war"...we are going to go down with our
    morality intact...

Satellites circling over our heads may ALREADY contain the mechanisms needed to cripple our grid. I am of the
    opinion that we will not strike first...but it sure seems to me to be an idea that the Chief's of Staff need to mull
    over.

If we did...HOW ON EARTH COULD WE EVER EXPLAIN OUR ACTIONS? OH DEAR! OH DEAR! (hands wringing)

Someone once said (paraphrased): "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

If I am encountered by an adversary who is leveling their sights at me...! It is a RACE to see who can be on his
    trigger FIRST!!

North Korea is a very likely place for the start of WWIII to foment. Shall we all simply watch the pot boil over?

Grim
    Prepared One likes this.

east of 15, west of 95, north of 10, south of canada
    I wonder if we could hit North Korea without having a major effect on the south or china
    Partner at the law firm of Dewey Cheatham & Howe
    Board member for Screwem, Goode, and hart

The "enhanced nuke" aka the neutron bomb is designed to kill but not inflict much physical damage...
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Nothing will be done. The money required is needed to buy votes for Democrats!!

Do you all really think we are going to sit and do nothing ? If NK tries anything I think we will bomb the shit out of them and I think they know it ,, I think NK will try to take over small countries first around them like SK first ,, the US Government can do something but not with out flack from China or Russian military stepping in ,, that's just my .05 .
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

It's the end, thank God, of obummers term. He won't do anything to endanger his legacy like start a war. Plus with the election nothing will happen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links