Portable power supply
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Portable power supply

This is a discussion on Portable power supply within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I have a question about a portable and quiet power supply unit. I use a CPAP machine to help me breath at night. I have ...

Portable power supply

I have a question about a portable and quiet power supply unit. I use a CPAP machine to help me breath at night. I have a looked at some portable power units but i don't want to spend a lot of money for it. Does anyone use a portable power supply that is quiet and easy to transport?

How long does it have to last?
    http://www.goalzero.com/solar-generators/
    BuckB Are you an organ donor? If not put your organs where your mouth is. An easy way to end organ shortages is for everyone to sign up to be a donor. You don't need to murder petty criminals for that purpose. - will2

The yeti 400 and yeti 1250 are designed for CPAP machines! They are fairly reasonably priced for what they are and what you get!
    BuckB Are you an organ donor? If not put your organs where your mouth is. An easy way to end organ shortages is for everyone to sign up to be a donor. You don't need to murder petty criminals for that purpose. - will2

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Hello,
    The wife has one of those, but I never really thought about carrying it along. I guess it's time to learn about this.
    I'm sure someone will chime in with more accurate info but here's what I found so far.

http://www.site.theinverterstore.com...ing-oh-my-666/

Anyone use a CPAP machine while camping ??? [Archive] - Heartland Owners Forum

1st, be careful, you don't want the machine to malfunction. It seems you need to calculate the amount of power usage. The inverter store site figured an example and used a 200 amp/hr battery bank, an inverter, and 2x 120 watt solar panels.

Have you tried contacting the company that either you got it from, or that made it, for their recommendations. I've found companies can sometimes be quite knowledgeable and helpful. Hope this helps

Check the power supply "transformer" and see what it converts the 120 VAC into. My wifes converts to 12 VDC so I was able to get a cigarette plug adapter for it. You can check your manufacturer website to see what they have or recommend.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Lots of experience here. I have a 12V Cpap that I simply connect a 12V deep cycle battery to. It lasts 3 nights before needing recharging. If you have a 110V Cpap machine, use a small inverter, It will last 2 nights before needing to be recharged. If you want all night quiet comfort with power to spare, buy an inverter generator. Many out there to choose from.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Sponsored Links