Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

1M views 9K replies 689 participants last post by  admin 
#1 ·
Each day I tell myself to do at least one thing in my preps. This doesn't necessarily mean that you have to go out and buy something. Even if you simply store an extra gallon of water or put a metal roof on your house, that is one thing towards your goal of prepping. So lets hear it!

#6,095 ·
Not the end of the day, but it's been a rough one, so trying to focus on the good. Ordered a canning jar lifter and another 100 feet of vacuum bag roll (11" wide). Also managed to can 5 jars of Blackberry Syrup - 1 for us to use now and 4 for the long(er) term storage. Got 10 family-sized servings of rice vacuum packed before my food saver decided not to vacuum anymore. Need to figure out what's going on with it. Plenty of rice and beans left to seal up and I want to get a move on it.

#6,096 ·
Started cleaning crap out of the basement getting ready for retirement. I amazed myself at the useless crap collected over the years. In a box I didn't recognize I found an old coleman lantern from the 70's. It was part of the parents old camping stuff. After cleaning it, adding new mantles and fresh fuel it fired right up. I like my newer dual fuel ones better but for the price it will work just fine.

#6,101 ·
Today I reviewed one of my favorite "budget" firearms. The Bersa Thunder 380 & uploaded my video to my YouTube channel to help others gain information about high quality low cost options for self protection.

#6,102 ·
More Blue berry bushes. Need to plant them in this weekend.

#6,103 ·
Figured out the Food Saver and vaccum sealed another 15 family size rice portions for the long term storage. Also made two quarts of homemade chicken stock from the bones of a chicken we ate off of the last 2 days. Not a bad $5 investment for the whole thing. Love making things stretch, since it means more $ for preps!

#6,105 ·
I'm currently on Night Standby for emergency flights here in Nigeria, so I'm pretty much stuck in my living quarters all day and night at the moment.
That gave me the chance today to do some really intensive online research and education on the ins and outs of the Aquaponics system I'll be setting up later this summer. 16-hours of Websites, YouTube, and reading! My eyes are about to fall out of my head!
I feel much more confident now, having found some really important info that filled in some blanks.
I found a reasonably close supplier of Tilapia fingerlings and catfish to populate my fish tank when it's ready for fish in the system. Also researched and identified suppliers for all the other components, consumables, and maintenance materials that won't be included in the initial system.

Setting up a pretty large system that will completely supply my family of three, plus my parents-in-law with veggies, and have some excess for barter/sale. All as organic, non-GMO as you can possibly get!

Reactions: spork
#6,106 ·
Vacuum sealed another 25 family sized portions of rice. That means right now we could have rice one day a week for a year (alternating with other things). I will likely up this to 3-4x/week possible, but I'm happy with the progress so far. Only have a few min a day to devote to all this as kids seem to be requiring more of my attention every day. Bringing up the next generation is the biggest prep for the future I could do, however. :)

#6,109 · (Edited)
Made an unexpected trip to the store. Picked up a big container of tomato bullion to add to our bean spice preps. Also found 6 tubs of instant pumpkin spice coffee for $1 each on sale (my favorite). These are going straight into the stockpile. I usually only drink one cup a day so this should last a little while. :)

Did a lot of planning as well, and priced out the difference between buying the amount of freeze dried food we need versus buying a freeze dryer. We will likely be buying a freeze dryer of our own, slowly (possibly on layaway).

Also read through page 300 of this thread. Lots of great ideas. :D

#6,111 ·
100 rounds of 556, PSA polished trigger group for AR and PSA MOE lower parts kit w/o trigger group for AR ordered just now. BCG and 2 AR mags came in for the AR while I was training in Houston. I try and get either a few boxes of ammo or a couple mags each time I order from PSA. They usually have the DHS mags and/or PMC X-Tac 62gr green tip ammo on sale quite often.

#6,112 ·
Seeds have turned into plants. I've now planted them into bigger pots until I get the garden built.

Picked up a pair of head lamps for $8 at Lowes, on clearance! Bright, and have red and green LEDs in them. Also picked up a few toiletry items for the BOB and my wife's GHB.

#6,118 ·
Picked up 100 rounds of 12 ga. 00 buck, 200 rounds of 9 mm and 240 rounds of 5.56. Picked up more can goods. Finally pulled the trigger on the Sig P556 swat pistol and got it ordered. ( I intend to SBR it eventually ) Organized my storage closet a little better.

Reactions: Plumbum
#6,119 ·
2000 rounds of Alsa pro 124gr, I have shot tons of it before and its a powerful 9mm round that is very reliable.

Font Tin Auto part Metal Drink

The 9mm/.45acp shelf in my small gun safe is starting so give so its eather less ammo or a third gun safe (I cant move anything over to the big gun safe as it is just as full).

Shelf Shelving Publication Gas Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.