What Was Your Prep Of The Day: - Page 755

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day: within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Try this link @ Annie . I have a copy of the library and it's very good. https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/c...c-library.html - edit - Beat me by a ...

Page 755 of 869 FirstFirst ... 255 655 705 745 753 754 755 756 757 765 805 855 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,550 of 8688
Like Tree8037Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

Try this link @Annie . I have a copy of the library and it's very good.

https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/c...c-library.html

- edit - Beat me by a minute, MatGen.
    Annie and MaterielGeneral like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    Try this link @Annie . I have a copy of the library and it's very good.

https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/c...c-library.html

- edit - Beat me by a minute, MatGen.
    Thanks, sideKahr. That did the trick!
    MaterielGeneral and sideKahr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Thanks, sideKahr. That did the trick!
    Not trying to push it on you or anyone but I have never had anyone say they didn't like it. Personally I think it is a pretty good library and growing every day.

It has surpassed trying to read them to memorize them all to being a reference. Know where to look and then investigate and study to get the knowledge.

The only issues that I have had is faulty DVD disks. I now test after the burn and before I ship. Some how every once in a while I still have a problem when the buyer gets it and it doesn't work even though I have tested twice. I think it is an operating system or software issue on the receiving end. But who knows. It's all good in the end of the transaction.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    Not trying to push it on you or anyone but I have never had anyone say they didn't like it. Personally I think it is a pretty good library and growing every day.

It has surpassed trying to read them to memorize them all to being a reference. Know where to look and then investigate and study to get the knowledge.

The only issues that I have had is faulty DVD disks. I now test after the burn and before I ship. Some how every once in a while I still have a problem when the buyer gets it and it doesn't work even though I have tested twice. I think it is an operating system or software issue on the receiving end. But who knows. It's all good in the end of the transaction.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    With the low cost of flash drives you might consider switching to that. More and more computers are shipping without CD/DVD drives these days anyway, none of mine have them. I'm not sure how big your collection is but you can buy 2GB flash drives in bulk for pretty cheap on Amazon, 10 for around $35, 4GB 10 for about $40. Sure they cost more than DVDs but you could up your price a bit to compensate. Plus being a flash drive it would allow the buyer to add other files to their collection in portable format as they find useful information. Just an idea.
    Last edited by Two Seven One; 07-06-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    Redwood Country likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Seven One View Post
    With the low cost of flash drives you might consider switching to that. More and more computers are shipping without CD/DVD drives these days anyway, none of mine have them. I'm not sure how big your collection is but you can buy 2GB flash drives in bulk for pretty cheap on Amazon, 10 for around $35, 4GB 10 for about $40. Sure they cost more than DVDs but you could up your price a bit to compensate. Plus being a flash drive it would allow the buyer to add other files to their collection in portable format as they find useful information. Just an idea.
    I see what your saying but I'm not messing with that right now. To much costs involved. This is more as a hobby and what money I do make it goes for small preps that I have been putting off. I don't make squat enough to buy that many memory cards to get a quantity discount. I may out of curiosity see about getting a few cheap memory cards and see if they sell or sit. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

I see what your saying but I'm not messing with that right now. To much costs involved. This is more as a hobby and what money I do make it goes for small preps that I have been putting off. I don't make squat enough to buy that many memory cards to get a quantity discount. I may out of curiosity see about getting a few cheap memory cards and see if they sell or sit. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    You would be hard pressed to find a new computer these days with a DVD/CD built in. I use an external drive when I need to. The norm today is a USB flash (thumb) drive. Most computers have 2 or 3 ports.

The file from MG is an awesome deal, I have a copy. You should get one and if you need to, convert it over to a thumb drive.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    You would be hard pressed to find a new computer these days with a DVD/CD built in. I use an external drive when I need to. The norm today is a USB flash (thumb) drive. Most computers have 2 or 3 ports.

The file from MG is an awesome deal, I have a copy. You should get one and if you need to, convert it over to a thumb drive.
    Wait, get my terminology right. I'm saying memory card but I really mean flash/thumb drive. Memory cards are what are in phones and cameras right. Most computers have the card ports now don't they? I'll look into the cost for both. I'm guessing the cards would be cheaper shipping because you could put them in a regular envelope with maybe some cardboard as a backer.
    Redwood Country likes this.

I'd look between now and when school starts, in the school supplies section. I bought a few last year for $4 or $5 each that were 8 GB. I didn't see any this morning, but our stores are just now starting to put out a few school supplies.

Edit: I was talking about thumb drives (although I'm sure the flash drives would be cheaper as well.
    Last edited by dmet; 07-08-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.
    Instead of saying "I don't have time," try saying "It's not a priority," and see how that feels. ~Laura Vanderkam

Just an aside....

I picked up one of these for those times when connections may prove difficult.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

Inventoried my preps so I know exactly what I have and where (what's in my car, what's in my house, what's in my BOB). Made a checklist of the things I will want to grab from my place if I need to leave in a hurry, even though most of them are obvious, for peace of mind. Threw a case of water and some walking shoes/socks into the car, in addition to the other goodies I have in it. Also finally ordered a little hand crank radio, even though I have a regular radio. That'll be a nice little addition.
    Annie, 8301 and sideKahr like this.

Sponsored Links