What Was Your Prep Of The Day: - Page 750

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day: within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Home alone tonight so I cranked up the Maximus Dome oven to about 720 degrees and cooked a home made pizza in about 90 seconds. ...

Page 750 of 869 FirstFirst ... 250 650 700 740 748 749 750 751 752 760 800 850 ... LastLast
Results 7,491 to 7,500 of 8688
Like Tree8037Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

None

Home alone tonight so I cranked up the Maximus Dome oven to about 720 degrees and cooked a home made pizza in about 90 seconds. It takes some practice but I'm getting pretty good at cooking with just wood. Made Peppers and Bratwurst last week in it that was truly yummy.

Long ago I occasionally cooked on the Kero-Sun heater during power outages and quickly learned the problems doing that (worst choice). Alcohol stoves are slow and both types require fuel (along with Coleman or propane stoves) Starting a few years ago I occasionally cooked on a wood stove and found the stove in the living room was incredibly hard to control the heat on (add or remove bricks that you set the pan/pot on to control heat) and the stove in the master bedroom was easier (adjustable flue) but still a pain and you'd never want to cook on it during the warmer months. Played with an All American Solar Oven and discovered it's challenges and limitations.

The dome oven takes some practice but works well and provides a fire for ambiance on the back deck as we watch the sunset. A true mud or cement dome oven weighs 1200+ lbs but I cheated and bought a 175 lb metal version (with some firebrick) and mounted it on a table with big casters so it can be rolled out when needed.

Since I have 2 large propane tanks on the property I do keep a Colman stove with the fittings to run off the propane gallon tank but prefer the Dome oven. Nothing like a wood fired meal and then watching the sunset as you eat enjoying the glow of the dying embers and a little music. The boy loves sitting out with it picking on the guitar.

In a SHTF situation the smoke smell may be a problem if you're trying to be "the grey man" but you'll never run out of fuel.

Two thumbs up as the best prep I've spent money on that can be enjoyed SHTF or not.
    Last edited by 8301; 06-19-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    Joe likes this.

None

Home alone tonight so I cranked up the Maximus Dome oven to about 720 degrees and cooked a home made pizza in about 90 seconds. It takes some practice but I'm getting pretty good at cooking with just wood. Made Peppers and Bratwurst last week in it that was truly yummy.

Long ago I occasionally cooked on the Kero-Sun heater during power outages and quickly learned the problems doing that (worst choice). Alcohol stoves are slow and both types require fuel (along with Coleman or propane stoves) Starting a few years ago I occasionally cooked on a wood stove and found the stove in the living room was incredibly hard to control the heat on (add or remove bricks that you set the pan/pot on to control heat) and the stove in the master bedroom was easier (adjustable flue) but still a pain and you'd never want to cook on it during the warmer months. Played with an All American Solar Oven and discovered it's challenges and limitations.

The dome oven takes some practice but works well and provides a fire for ambiance on the back deck as we watch the sunset. A true mud or cement dome oven weighs 1200+ lbs but I cheated and bought a 175 lb metal version (with some firebrick) and mounted it on a table with big casters so it can be rolled out when needed.

Since I have 2 large propane tanks on the property I do keep a Colman stove with the fittings to run off the propane gallon tank but prefer the Dome oven. Nothing like a wood fired meal and then watching the sunset as you eat enjoying the glow of the dying embers and a little music. The boy loves sitting out with it picking on the guitar.

In a SHTF situation the smoke smell may be a problem if you're trying to be "the grey man" but you'll never run out of fuel.

Two thumbs up as the best prep I've spent money on that can be enjoyed SHTF or not.
    Last edited by 8301; 06-19-2017 at 09:30 PM.
    Robie likes this.

It wasn't today, but last week I doubled my water storage capacity, and put the 125 gallon water tank on a trailer for easier hauling. So now...4-50 gallon drums; the one 125 gallon tank; and the 185 gallon watering trough that catches rain water for the garden (doing the square foot method in a bath tub, along with a few five gallon buckets. Something has been getting to the broccoli the last couple nights...I suspect a pack rat. Been BB gunning one or two a day lately), and 12 six-gallon jugs for drinking and cooking water. Gonna get some more of those 50 gallon drums as they are easier to move around when empty. For the price of one 125 gallon tank, I can get 8 fifty gallon drums, with faucet, at Cal-Ranch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Picked up a few packs of these on Amazon. They don't cost much and will be good for use or barter if needed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day:-img_2673.jpg
    Joe and Redwood Country like this.

Joe

We canned 21 pints of pickled beets we harvested from the garden. Good stuff!

This thread is an interesting concept, at least to me.

Supporting each other in preparing one thing a day?
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    This thread is an interesting concept, at least to me.

Supporting each other in preparing one thing a day?

Hmmm.... Interesting comment ... it must be a Seattle thing?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

I suppose interesting comments are a Seattle thing, yes. I've lived here all my life, I'm used to it, I guess. This is the first time I've seen an internet forum used for support.
    A Watchman likes this.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Not so much of the day but the past few weeks have seen the following…

1: Purchased new collapsible fishing pole with reel and small tackle box for my car. Read up and watched videos on small stream fishing and different bait tactics.
    2: Rotated canned goods and dried goods.
    3: Acquired two very nice and reasonably priced foldable compasses. One for bug out bag and one for hiking back pack.
    4: Up dated first aid kits. Bug out kit and the one I keep in the car.
    5: Received new hollow point ammunition for .38 bug out gun.
    6: Was gifted a new car flashlight with car charger.
    7: Squirreled away money for new safe.

To do list.
    1: Need to rotate hypogene peroxide and rubbing alcohol in first aid kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Seven One View Post
    Picked up a few packs of these on Amazon. They don't cost much and will be good for use or barter if needed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2673.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	420.4 KB 
ID:	47665
    I have several variations of these in my freezer.

Sponsored Links