What Was Your Prep Of The Day: - Page 74
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day: within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by AsteroidX Learned to make homemade bread. Better then store bought on my first try. That was my prep yesterday.But I went one ...

Page 74 of 869 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 574 ... LastLast
Like Tree8039Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidX View Post
    Learned to make homemade bread. Better then store bought on my first try.
    That was my prep yesterday.But I went one step farther by testing out my wifes solar oven (tried the other day but failed due to cloud cover),however I took some left over easter ham and made a crock of great northern beans and baked a loaf of bread made from scratch successfully.Woot!Had good sun all day and a real tasty dinner last night.I can now vouch that the global sun solar oven does work as advertised with good sunlight.

We went to Pauly's today, a liquor store, I bought a ton of 1/2 pint liquor bottles for barter when the time comes. They ranged in price from 2.49 for McMasters to 4.79 for Captain Morgan.

I have Ron Bacardi
    Captain Morgan
    Christian Brothers Brandy
    Canadian McMasters
    Southern Discomfort
    Black Velvet
    Vodka don't remember the kind
    Jack Daniels
    Jim Beam

39 bottles for $140, I am perty sure I got the liquor barter thing checked off my list.

Do not forget to stock some high proof vodka and some high proof brandy for yourself. This is not to drink or trade, but rather to make tinctures and other medicines for you and your group.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I got the books in-When there is no doctor along with "when the walls came tumbling down" by maineprepper to add to my library.

Picked up all th empty juice bottles my @##*(# SIL set out for recycling.

The ones she was supposed to fill with water for storage. :-o

Purchased two 10x10 tarps and 4 bandanas.

Banned

today I set aside some grape seeds from some moldy grapes.

Also watched a bunch of videos on nuclear explosions - what to do in the event of a nuclear blast etc.. some more study for my advanced ham cert. I am now checking to see if cedar is edible and apparently it is not... it smells so good though. Although apparently not lethal and used as one of the first European medicines.. by Jacque Cartier.

Leave it to the French to find something with thujone in it

Apparently it is actually a very useful medicinal plant. In addition to be a source of high vitamin C the twigs also act as a laxative.

Apparently they are the oldest trees in North America...
    Last edited by Will2; 04-05-2013 at 04:32 AM.

Today was AWESOME!!! I picked up 3 boxes of shotgun ammo and a bunch of Medical supplies, I then Tilled my garden and planted 4 black raspberry bushes and tomorrow I am going to a HAM Radio fest, so I am hoping to get some more "radio goodies"

Gosh, I love this site. I'm making listst of what everyone is doing on this thread. I did buy 2 4gal plastic sealable barrels for food storage I can bury at my BOL. (Which I just found. Not too far - could easily walk there in less than one night) and have owner permission to use. Yay! If you live in Minnesota, we have Running's Fleet and Farm stores. They carry these storage barrels that have two handles and would be easily carried by me, even if my arms are week at that time. I have a "garden wagon" that will hold up to 400 lbs. So I can load up other last-minute things from home and head out with my BOB on, and make it to either the farm to fetch the horses or directly to the BOL, if I can' get to the farm. I have one other BOL close by that I have to talk to owners about riding my horse there and "camping" on thier land. Got my fingers crossed and working out my praying knees on this.

Worked all day but at least it was over time to off set the booooooollits I aquired yesterday. Cleaned out my locker at work and unearthed a couple of explosion proof/rated flash lights.

I have some serious cold weather gear at work, which is weird since I lve in Texas and work in a very climate controlled lab

Page 74 of 869 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 574 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links