What Was Your Prep Of The Day: - Page 605
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day: within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; As I was reading, I though, "what the hell purpose is that gonna serve"? Then I got to the blue hat part....

Page 605 of 869 FirstFirst ... 105 505 555 595 603 604 605 606 607 615 655 705 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 8688
Like Tree8037Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

As I was reading, I though, "what the hell purpose is that gonna serve"? Then I got to the blue hat part.

Do a LOT of driving around today :/

Had to be at a friends house early early to feed animals, then the pick a part to get running boards for a friends truck. But the biggest score was the remanufactured power brake booster I picked up at the pick a part. My brakes went out a week or so ago. Not an issue if it were a half ton 2wd. But being that it's a drum brake 8000lb 3/4 ton tank, stopping on no power assist was quite hairy. So my prep was repairing the BOV. Gotta stay tip top at all times

Also was able to put a couple bucks in savings. New booster was $118, junkyard reman was $34 or so. Can't beat that!

Managed to pick up about 60 jars (50 pints total) for canning yesterday. Women's ultra soft boot socks were on a great post-winter sale, so we picked up enough for all of the ladies in the house (4 of us) to have 6 new pairs. Also grabbed a new pack of socks for the hubby, and am having him put his less-new socks in the stockpile for emergency use. Will get boot socks for him and the toddler boy soon. Made a little progress on a pair of hand-knit 100% superwash wool socks I'm working on for the stockpile as well. Hoping to have one pair for every person in the family. Also picked up some white cotton thread to start making reusable bandages for the stockpile. Those will be easily washed/bleached so we will always have some.
    paraquack likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Ordered two 6" x 50' rolls of vacuum seal bags, the Ball canning book (good to have paper back-ups if the Net goes down), and a funnel for canning. Started knitting bandages, and got the 10yo on board doing it as well (she's grounded from technology so this makes for a fine alternative entertainment). Had my mom teach me how to make her famous pinto beans - she's a true artist with them. Worked out the recipe to be something we can set up for long term storage so we have flavorful beans through the apocalypse. :D Staying busy today, amidst chasing 3 children around the house.
    txmarine6531 and paraquack like this.

Yesterday I attended a neighborhood leadership meeting.
    Met with city commissioners, code enforcement, and other city essential staff.
    Today I met with members of a business networking group.

Currently encouraging prepping in the community from a disaster response and mitigation standpoint.
    Using the language of the our "official" agencies, in order to promote thinking of our type, in form of a more palatable message.
    Firearm & Personal Safety Training - Hidden Content
    Hidden Content ( Simple gear mod ideas & tutorials. )

Quote Originally Posted by SAR-1L View Post
    Currently encouraging prepping in the community from a disaster response and mitigation standpoint.
    Using the language of the our "official" agencies, in order to promote thinking of our type, in form of a more palatable message.
    This is always a good idea. Speaking to people with an air of common sense leadership is a great way to get them to truly listen to what you're saying, as opposed to writing you off (as is often done when these things come up). Keep up the good work.

Last night I managed to print off some tried and tested (and proven SAFE) canning recipes to begin my own canning notebook at home (one that is not dependent on technology). More to add to that today.

None

Got reminded about how important spare gloves, knee pads, and Advil are. The last few days I've been pulling up and re laying about 200 sf of brick walkway at my place that the morter had grown old and loose in along with lots of root intrusion. The 1st day I didn't want to mess up my gloves so I worked bare handed and absolutely destroyed my fingers with the morter (a mason I'm not so I used my fingers a lot more than I used the trowel). Knee pads and Advil were in constant use by day 2.

I'm getting too old for that shit. Going to keep extra gloves around too.
    Last edited by 8301; 04-08-2016 at 08:21 PM.
    txmarine6531 likes this.

Rendered a nother quart of beacon grease for basement. A lazy day.

Selling off my 2015 grass hay bales this month, getting $20 a ton more than last fall which is good but not great, but the price of hay is great and it will pay for my fertilizer plus a new chistile plow.

Also selling a really nice appy gelding with pack experience to the forest service for a profit (buy in the fall and sell in the spring) always makes a couple grand.

Fuel is cheap so I will fertilize the fields this year, always doubles my yield but when gas was $4 last year not so much.

Shot my first Coyote a few days ago, wife was watching and was impressed. It was lurking round the chicken coop.

My daughter took on a horse to train today, I got $200 for the months pasture and she is probably making 4x that in fees. For the horse owner that is money well spent.

I am going to teach that same daughter how to raise, cut and bail hay this year, a milestone for me as I've always done that by myself. I just turned 55 this year, maybe its time to look at passing that on.
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

Small things

added another set of shelves. I was able to spread things out. Now easier to inventory and balance food supplies.
    couple cans of keystone meats and more ramen noodles.
    a few pkgs. of teapot candles and 2 butane canisters
    ferro rods added to the altoids tins stuffed with charcloth. vacuum sealed them like damn near everything else.
    To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Sponsored Links