What Was Your Prep Of The Day: - Page 596
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day: within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by warrior4 Just signed up for a CPL class. Good! Take it and follow through and get your permit in case Hillary gets ...

Page 596 of 869 FirstFirst ... 96 496 546 586 594 595 596 597 598 606 646 696 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 8688
Like Tree8037Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

Quote Originally Posted by warrior4 View Post
    Just signed up for a CPL class.
    Good! Take it and follow through and get your permit in case Hillary gets in. She may try to tax it out of existence.

None

I got tired of having preps stored in all of the closets and overnight guests occasionally asking about them so...
    Since I have an almost unused large "junk" room (old totally enclosed garage) I'm building a 16 foot long 30" deep closet along one wall. It will have three 5 foot wide double doors allowing access so I can keep a better idea about what I actually have and empty out my bedroom closets. Framed it out today, building shelves tomorrow, hopefully sheetrock and paint later in the week.

I generally don't keep preps in the "junk" room because I have too many people through the room and try to keep my preps mostly out of sight. It is not just for my preps; I've also got beer brewing stuff, jerky making stuff, whiskey making stuff, and just too much junk cluttering up my bedroom closets

I'm an occasional reloader with a single station press and tonight I sized and primed shells for the .300. Hope to finish them tomorrow.
    sideKahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    It would be awesome camo, but a lot of the original paint is ok.
    Still gotta get the big a frame ladder out, and check the roof, then need to look at the title, and Google a manual for it. Ha, I dont even know the year, make, manufacturer or anything.
    If you don't own your home paid off, this is a really good option, good job!
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FoolAmI View Post
    I got tired of having preps stored in all of the closets and overnight guests occasionally asking about them so...
    Since I have an almost unused large "junk" room (old totally enclosed garage) I'm building a 16 foot long 30" deep closet along one wall. It will have three 5 foot wide double doors allowing access so I can keep a better idea about what I actually have and empty out my bedroom closets. Framed it out today, building shelves tomorrow, hopefully sheetrock and paint later in the week.

I generally don't keep preps in the "junk" room because I have too many people through the room and try to keep my preps mostly out of sight. It is not just for my preps; I've also got beer brewing stuff, jerky making stuff, whiskey making stuff, and just too much junk cluttering up my bedroom closets

I'm an occasional reloader with a single station press and tonight I sized and primed shells for the .300. Hope to finish them tomorrow.
    I'm envious, I had to put a lot of non-food equip/supplies in tubs to conceal them in the garage. My wife let me use the smallest of the 3 bedrooms to put food supplies on shelves. I ended up making it our "pantry" to help hide the SHTF supplies behind the pantry items.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Was yesterday but renewed my First Aid, CPR, AED certifications. Loaded 10 rounds of new brass for a new to me rifle, got the scope near enough to the middle to start loading for accuracy, made a modified case and got the over all length measured. Ready to start getting a Ladder test ready. Mower out, oil and filter changed, battery charged and blades sharpened. Taking a break before starting on the tiller.

BF
    Dirt Road Cowboy and Plumbum like this.

Picked up some cheap stuff on sale: spaghetti sauce in glass, flour, soup.

My pantry room is filling up, T.P. and paper goods are bulky. Pretty soon its going to have to be preps only, all Christmas stuff somewhere else. I haven't broken the news to the wife yet. Pray for me.
    c.tiberius and spork like this.

Patrick AFB Commissary today to pick up about half the food I will be humping into Nigeria on Wednesday. Second half at BJ's tomorrow. Big load this time because I will be there for three months vs my normal one month. I will be VERY grumpy in mid-June!

I pack it all into normally two, but this time three Igloo rolling coolers. I buy them for $25 at Wally World, and the Nigerians go crazy over them, paying double my cost for them. I come home with a gym bag! Fill the coolers to 50 LBS each...what I'm allowed on Delta.

Food provided by Chevron Nigeria in their mess hall is mostly for the Nationals and their tastes. The rest, supposedly for we Western Expatriots sucks so bad that most of us bring our own food.
    sideKahr likes this.
    This is the last US Presidential Election. Take notes and pictures for the great-grandkids.
    Hidden Content

What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

Accidental/unintended prep today.....

The pup I'm baby sitting crashed through my screen door to get into the house. The door was already half broken, so this sealed its fate.

Lowes had a 10% off door/window sale. So I picked up this metal security door for its replacement. Luckys owners neighbor Betty helped me pick this one out. (I have horrible taste and would've picked something less eye appealing). I didn't want a door that stood out as a security door, and Betty helped me with this one. The one she initially spotted was a 32" an I was bummed because my opening is 36". After settling in another one, I spotted this one tucked away.

It's strong enough to keep Lucky in/out, and has the added benefit of being a security door

Old door. Sorry, I forgot to get a pic of it installed. I was in a rush to get started. You can see where the dog had gone through in the corner hahahaha What Was Your Prep Of The Day:-imageuploadedbytapatalk1458516120.999699.jpg

New screen door. I actually didn't want a security door. I'm not secure behind a security door. My security comes from leaving the door unlocked and knowing that it's ok. But sadly there have been thefts all around here lately. So this is a nice benefit. Plus, the existing door frame is aluminum and this screwed right into it
    What Was Your Prep Of The Day:-imageuploadedbytapatalk1458516210.188949.jpg

Not too bad if I don't say so myself. Just have to get a new closure as the one for the screen door isn't cutting it. It works, just not great great. One thing at a time
    txmarine6531 and spork like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincali View Post
    Accidental/unintended prep today.....

The pup I'm baby sitting crashed through my screen door to get into the house. The door was already half broken, so this sealed its fate.

Lowes had a 10% off door/window sale. So I picked up this metal security door for its replacement. Luckys owners neighbor Betty helped me pick this one out. (I have horrible taste and would've picked something less eye appealing). I didn't want a door that stood out as a security door, and Betty helped me with this one. The one she initially spotted was a 32" an I was bummed because my opening is 36". After settling in another one, I spotted this one tucked away.

It's strong enough to keep Lucky in/out, and has the added benefit of being a security door

Old door. Sorry, I forgot to get a pic of it installed. I was in a rush to get started. You can see where the dog had gone through in the corner hahahaha Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458516120.999699.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	15514

New screen door. I actually didn't want a security door. I'm not secure behind a security door. My security comes from leaving the door unlocked and knowing that it's ok. But sadly there have been thefts all around here lately. So this is a nice benefit. Plus, the existing door frame is aluminum and this screwed right into it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458516210.188949.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	244.3 KB 
ID:	15515

Not too bad if I don't say so myself. Just have to get a new closure as the one for the screen door isn't cutting it. It works, just not great great. One thing at a time
    Nice door! I hated hanging doors when I was in construction. Me and a couple friends I lived with after high school had a puppy that ran through the screen door one day. He was in a full bore run and blew through it like it wasn't there.

Nothing major today. I picked up some more Hoppes #9 and some more brushes for my cleaning kit. I tend to wear out the brushes for some reason.
    Kelso likes this.

Sponsored Links