What Was Your Prep Of The Day: - Page 391
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day: within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Just got done cleaning the four filters in my Big Berkey water filter. Has been operational online for over four years without cleaning. Use it ...

Page 391 of 869 FirstFirst ... 291 341 381 389 390 391 392 393 401 441 491 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 8688
Like Tree8039Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

Just got done cleaning the four filters in my Big Berkey water filter.
    Has been operational online for over four years without cleaning.
    Use it everyday for potable water.
    The process rate had slowed down over the four years and the white filters had turned black.
    The two replacement sets(4 each) I have are black, will just have to do them at two years as a guess,
    when and if I ever need to change out the present ones.
    bigwheel and Spice like this.

2nd pistol safety course then sks time.
    bigwheel, Spice and Prepp(g)er like this.
    Hidden Content Wouldn't it be nice.....

Hired a man and his Bobcat to clear a few areas. (I covet those who own a Bobcat and wonder why I spent so much money on whiskey and women when I could have had a Bobcat...but I digress).

I had him clear, scrape and level a number of areas; One area to to finish the prep for my future chicken coop/run. Another area for an outdoor cooking kitchen close enough to the house for ease of access but far enough away for safety should anything catch flames. The Bobcat was also able to placed a few very large mini-boulders around my gates to impede anyone from entering on a dirt bike or small ATV.

And finally I just finished digging a post hole and setting a 6x6 post in concrete for a gate on a rarely used trail that goes to my neighbors land. Me and my neighbor get along very well but better safe than sorry should some ne'er do wells decide for an easy target.

All in all it was money well spent but I wish I had a Bobcat.
    paraquack, Arklatex and Spice like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I reloaded 300 rounds of 7.62x39 ammo and sealed it for proper prepper storage.
    Slippy, paraquack and Spice like this.

Ammo day...
    In today's package: 500 rds 9mm, 500 rds 40cal, 500 rds 45ACP, 250 rds 12ga low recoil 00 buck. Replenishment for the last range day, plus a little

Rotated 30 gallons of gas (six 5gal cans)

Rotated stored batteries (AA, AAA, D, 9V, CR123, etc)

That's about it for this week.
    Slippy, paraquack and Spice like this.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    -- The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security --
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoots and I spent the last 2 days exploring locations for supply cashes, off leash training the dogs, and mapping a few routes, and building Shoots a go bag. We finally found one she likes and took the opportunity to add another camelbak and sawyer mini filter.

And 2 snake bite kits.
    PaulS, Slippy and paraquack like this.

Nothing major, ordered about six hundred dollars of precious metals from the internet, and purchased the materials to repair a screen door. Sweet deal thou, I needed some sheet metal to redo it, and found two sheets of stamped steel, 48 cents each. Score.
    PaulS, Slippy and paraquack like this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Learned auto upholstery the hard way. Just dove right in.

Muffler shop caught my car on fire and I had to replace a seat bottom. The leather was still good, just the padding/foam was burned. I bought a white seat from the pick a part just for the frame and padding. So I pulled both material off and swapped. What Was Your Prep Of The Day:-imageuploadedbytapatalk1430460741.239801.jpgWhat Was Your Prep Of The Day:-imageuploadedbytapatalk1430460771.167085.jpgWhat Was Your Prep Of The Day:-imageuploadedbytapatalk1430460788.587649.jpg

How is this prep related? I learned a skill, and I also learned the rings are called hog rings, used on hogs to deter foraging, but can also be used on auto upholstery and more importantly, fencing (as in emergency fence repair)

It also seems like it could be useful in furniture. I've had friends that have had old school recliner cushion/springs break. Not sure these could help, but I know I can find more uses for them (hog rings). Hmm.

Good job Kevin. And it's prep related, becouse you saved money, which COULD be precious metals, (whole in shelf).
    kevincali likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Purchases: Today I picked out an INCH bag, then found it on ebay. $285 Bag from REI won the bid at 70 buckssss

Research: Today I found out where and how to Study for and obtain a HAM technician license. Also picked out a mobile model. (may change)
    I also leaned about 80% Lowers and plan on buying two and milling them out.

Tomorrow: Put in an order for 1000rd's of Green tip
    paraquack likes this.

Sponsored Links