What Was Your Prep Of The Day: - Page 29
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day: within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Put up some home canned foods over the weekend. Beets, cabbage and corn to add to our stockpile....

Page 29 of 869 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 529 ... LastLast
Like Tree8039Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

Put up some home canned foods over the weekend. Beets, cabbage and corn to add to our stockpile.
    Last edited by WVprepper; 07-03-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Well, in the process of making my son's (9 month old) bug out bag, I was adding the thermometer (3 different ones) and I had a thought.. If I am going to be bugging out at any time and we are in a hurry to get out of dodge, how convenient would it be to stop many times, pick one of three thermometers, and then hope my son is in a good mood and wants to play fair? Well I went ahead and added these things called Fever Bugs to his bag. If we have to go, I will stick one to his forhead, and at a glance, I can see what his temp is. If he is running a fever or his temp seems to be a bit high, then I can and will pull over and give him something to reduce his fever and take care of him.

Honestly, I think its clever.. and this states that it peels off easily even after 48 hours, so it seems as though they last long enough to get us where we are going. I found them on Amazon, and there are 8 in a pack.. butterfly, ladybug, bumble bee and caterpillar. :D

OH and I found them on Amazon and they were not too much... Ill be getting a few more packs for his EDC..

Hello All,
    I've been really busy lately so I haven't been on much. I dont see alot of new members saying hello. Have we reached our max?
    Anyway DREAMS I'm no doctor but it is good that you are prepping for a infant also but on my researching on the human body most people dont know that the human body is such a awesome thing and its abilities is amazing. Most people especially with children tend to listen to what doctors say more than they should they are so quick to take a pill. Here is the point I'm trying to get to. Do you know why the body develops a fever? If you guessed a infection or bacteria or along that lines well you are right. But do you know why the body produces that fever? It is the bodies natural defense system against that intruder. It raises its temp to burn out the cells causing that intrusion. Yes you should monitor the fever closely but dont be so quick to shove a pill down your throat to reduce the fever it is just your body trying to help in the fight and if you drop a bomb on the defense well it cannot do its natural job. Another way to look at it is what is causing the fever is it a wound, a infection from a illness and that is what you attack and help your body in the battle. I know fevers are a pain and very uncomfortable and I can only imagine for a toddler but let it take its course on that end. Now if the fever gets really high well you have major problem. It is just some info I came across and I seen your post and thought I would put the info out there most of you might already know that but we are here to learn and build off others knowledge. But my preps lately has been alot of reading and learning. I have hit where I want to be as far as food and such. So I have been learning as much as I possibly can on subjects to advance into the new world.
    Last edited by RuDown; 07-06-2012 at 09:21 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

That I know, but he is 9 months old, and its better to be able to monitor the fever then to not in the middle of a bug out and then be shit out of luck down the road if it gets too high. I have a bag with all his stuff in there to help get him through different things if needed.. but would NEVER give him anything unless its 100% needed. I even have these things that you stick on his head to help cool him down if he is running warm... hes not quite Toddler.. even at that, I wouldnt want a fever to get too high if he developed one regardless of the reason. these just help with that...

IE: if we are on bike, I can check his head and read the temp easily.. keeping an eye on the number.

I started putting treated water in a mylar bag that gos into a box. 5 more to go.

Got a Marlin 795 .22!

I bought 6 Satellite 110 grain, 3 blade broadheads with 6 field points, New In Package for 50 cents yesterday at a local yard sale

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    I bought 6 Satellite 110 grain, 3 blade broadheads with 6 field points, New In Package for 50 cents yesterday at a local yard sale
    That's just disgusting.
    What shafts are you planning on putting them on?
    The smithy’s anvil rings with woe.
    Swords for soldiers row on row.
    Against the nobles they must stand.
    And for their souls take back the land.
    AnvilIron

I pulled two Marksman 3040 slingshots out of the drawer this morning and put new bands on them. I hadn’t shot them in ten years. While they worked fine and I did surprisingly well hitting stuff, I remembered why I tossed them in the drawer in the first place. I’m not comfortable holding those stretched rubber tubes up in front of my face while I aim. I keep thinking, ‘if one of those bands let’s go, I could be out one eye.’ It probably would never happen, but it’s enough to distract me from focusing on good form, etc. I’ll stick one in each of my BOB’s just cause, but I think my Greatree takedown bows will remain my BOB hunting weapons of choice.
    The smithy’s anvil rings with woe.
    Swords for soldiers row on row.
    Against the nobles they must stand.
    And for their souls take back the land.
    AnvilIron

I have some cheapo aluminum shafts I bought last year at a yard sale, for a buck each. I think Browning is on the side somewhere. I'm pulling about 50 # on a PSE Nova, with 125 rages on Carbon Express 28" shafts for real hunting.

These will be for when SHTF , the Satellites have a tendency to plane from past experience

Page 29 of 869 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 529 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links