What Was Your Prep Of The Day: - Page 27
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day: within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Today I hiked up a very steep and overgrown hill that's near me, avoiding the paved paths in favor of overgrown animal paths other people ...

Page 27 of 869 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 527 ... LastLast
Like Tree8039Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

ZGF

Re: What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

Today I hiked up a very steep and overgrown hill that's near me, avoiding the paved paths in favor of overgrown animal paths other people would likely avoid. Just carried 2 liters of water, a blanket and a day or so of food. Found a little hollow under a clump of thorny bushes that would be perfect to bed down in if I needed to. Went back down again on the parts that were even steeper, on my butt some of the time! That place would be perfect for losing any pursuers who were at all out of shape or not familiar with it, and it's about five minutes from me, need to get to know it better...
    Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

I don't know who the property belongs to but maybe you get away with burying a stash of goods in the area. Saving you from having to carry anything. I use 5 gallon buckets with the gamma seal lids. Of course everything is vacuum sealed. I have not checked them in a while though. There are many homemade containers on the web so you could make to whatever size you needed. Very nice you have found a place to bunker down though. Good Job!

Did Some basics today. Worked on the garden. Fixed my lawn tractor.i found an old dog cable the last time I mowed and it was wrapped around the blades super tight. Took a bit but she is all good. Now I want to figure out a way to bag the clippings to feed to the pigs.
    Be prepared.
    Boy Scout Motto.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

ZGF

Quote Originally Posted by RuDown View Post
    I don't know who the property belongs to but maybe you get away with burying a stash of goods in the area. Saving you from having to carry anything. I use 5 gallon buckets with the gamma seal lids. Of course everything is vacuum sealed. I have not checked them in a while though. There are many homemade containers on the web so you could make to whatever size you needed. Very nice you have found a place to bunker down though. Good Job!
    You know, that might be an idea. Having a stash out there would be very handy. It's a public park, so I doubt they'd really want me doing it, but... It's so huge, I could go bury a stash at night up the side of a hill, in the middle of some gorse bushes, and no one would ever know or care. Have to figure out a good way to mark where it is, though. I don't have access to a particularly accurate GPS at the moment. Hmmm.

I think that's going on my list of projects for this summer, thanks for the idea.

Today's prep has just been more fitness stuff. Ran 2.5 miles without stopping or drinking. Biked 3 miles of hills. Also deadlifted 90 kilos at 5 reps yesterday and didn't struggle with it at all. Feeling more confident. Just have to get back to my longsword lessons! Tonight, potting up a couple tomato plants into larger containers, and seeding some more radishes.
    Last edited by ZGF; 06-07-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

A thing you might look into they sell these little reflector pins that you stick into a tree and when your light hits them they light up like a christmas tree. We used them when I was younger to find our deer stands before sunrise. Place them a little higher into the tree so no smart-ass sees them and pulls them out. Just check them out and see if they would work for ya.

Well it's Saturday. I got the first part of my aquaponics system prepped and started. Now that got my yard mowed I'm going to go for a hike and scope out some cache spots and see if any blackberries on the patch yet. Oh and swing by the rhubarb patch going to make some strawberry rhubarb bars. Have a great weekend everyone.

I opened up a #10 can and ground some grain to make some bread. Just like if you had to do it when the time comes.
    I had a hand grinder. " wonder mill Jr.

Repackaged some pasta I have been gathering. Looked up some new canning recipes. Tested the stored water.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

my prep for today was looking into alternative ways to get electric and do laundry... I am excited to say I at least came to a final product for laundry, and cant wait to order and try it out. (I have a baby so this will work well with his cloths too). I was looking at what other people had on youtube, but found it to be a lot of un necessary equipment if something like this works. IE: 3 buckets for 3 different wash steps, and 4th step is a wringer. this seems to it all in 3 steps and you can add a second rinse. Less water then what we use now with our apartment size washer and dryer...

MOD= if you want that as a discussion on its own, please feel free to move this post.. wasnt sure where to post it..

Also, not so sure about the electric. I want to get a generator, HOWEVER, gas might be a bit too costly, and since we are on a second floor, we have no place to put a gas powered generator where it would be safe to run.. I did find a solar powered generator though and look forward to reading about it more. :D

oh and got my husband into using our home made MRE's that I have been doing up.. He works 11-11 on the weekends, and at times cant order or go buy food, so I send him with these, and hes been getting into them.. YAY.. so I am helping him be ready for when shtf and he doesnt know it.. sweet. lol

This would be useful for just normal times. Cut down huge on some electric bills. Would be cheap and easy to imitate if you didn't have one when SHTF. Now that you can see that it is a pretty large salad spinner. I love it! Simple and effective.

Page 27 of 869 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 527 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links