What Was Your Prep Of The Day: - Page 22
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day: within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Sounds like your getting it together. Good Job.I would suggest to all even though u have some nice books on your list add a book ...

Page 22 of 869 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 522 ... LastLast
Like Tree8039Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

Re: What Was Your Prep Of The Day:

Sounds like your getting it together. Good Job.I would suggest to all even though u have some nice books on your list add a book about wild edible and medicinal plants. When you get it go out in the wildlife in your area and identify these plants and mark them in your book and where you found them. I know the local dnr and parks host little get together to identify plants in your area sign up. Knowledge is power! Just be careful not to trespass without permission and don't let just anyone know you guys are preppers. We are terrorist now you know.

Quote Originally Posted by RuDown
    I have a semi shotty. I added the but stock that has the pistol type handle molded into the original style butt stock. Got all synthetic stocks on it now. Next will add a rail system on the front stock so I can add a grip and flashlight to the front. I have not tried to shoot it yet since the new stocks. I hope I didn't waste alot of money on that either my whole reason was to add stability to shooting side of it so the lil' lady will be able to handle it more. It is already shortened so it will be a great home/close quarters weapon if needed.
    That was the idea of shortening my Mossberg so that the wife could handle it better and so that it would spread a wider kill path. Now I know that while she can shoot it, she did fine with it yesterday, it does not have a wider kill pattern and has one of a kick with the 00 buck. The only real tradeoff is that it is easier to swing and handle and takes up less room hanging on my closet door.
    "What Goes Around Comes Around...I Just Make Get There Faster"

I cut, split, & stacked almost 1/2 cord of wood. Now my back & shoulder hurts-

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Spent a ton of dough at www.swordsswords.com. Got a lot of cool hidden weapons. Have to be careful 'cause my wife is a felon (long and ridiculous story). Everything I have is either not technically a weapon or is legal for her to carry. Fun fun fun.
    I will fight until my last breath. I will bleed every drop.

Xplorer That tells me we should be packing a massage therapist in our gear.Lol! No I will be going through that very soon
    C5Guy Have you ever heard of I think they are are called choke tubes or something. They install in the end of your barrel and you then can adjust the shot pattern. Maybe get you where you want to get with it. I don't know though.
    MOuntianman I am a felon myself. I just dont care about the law! I do take extra caution though that is why my guns are hidden away in walls, floors, and in ground vaults. I cannot legally hunt or go purchase a gun at a store but it dont stop me. But that is very considerate of you to take your wife into consideration when you purchase defensive items.

I have a few books on my list regarding wild plants .. what you can and can not eat, etc... medicinal.. etc.. I want to go this week and pull my large book shelf from storage and put it up in my apartment.. otherwise, they will be laying around and it will just make prepping so unorganized..

Quote Originally Posted by RuDown
    Sounds like your getting it together. Good Job.I would suggest to all even though u have some nice books on your list add a book about wild edible and medicinal plants. When you get it go out in the wildlife in your area and identify these plants and mark them in your book and where you found them. I know the local dnr and parks host little get together to identify plants in your area sign up. Knowledge is power! Just be careful not to trespass without permission and don't let just anyone know you guys are preppers. We are terrorist now you know.

Yesterday I received my wonder junior grain mill and the volcanoll stove, I put the mill togeather and tried it out. Real good . the stove I tried it today ,put some water on and boiled it. I have a 45 lbs 6gallon bucket of red wheat also. There are other things to help me get started also. Need more water. I just want to thank everyone out there who helped me decide to start gathering items togeather . Thank You

You know I didn't see a post on it but what kind of water is everyone saving. I personally get the gallon jugs of Pure. It is what they use to mix formula and such for babies I guess. I like it because it doesn't have fluoride in it. I dont buy those little bottles of water. I am not that supportive of plastics anyway. They run $1 per gallon.

I put this in the weapons area as well (a little more detail), but it is my POD, so I’m adding it here to. I bought a new 40 - 65 lbs Bowtech Soldier compound bow RTH. It took several weeks of sifting through all of the attributes, adaptability and prices to zero in on a choice, but I’m really happen with bow. I have a little tweaking to do, but it’ll be ready for small game in September and I can set it up to 60 lbs for deer season.
    The smithy’s anvil rings with woe.
    Swords for soldiers row on row.
    Against the nobles they must stand.
    And for their souls take back the land.
    AnvilIron

I planted my vegetable garden over the last three days. Bought some more ammo. A few more bottles of propane. Also found a great deal at Walmart on a couple of 9' nylon straps with buckles. They were on clearance for $2 each. They can be used for a multitude of things.

Page 22 of 869 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 522 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links