How do you prep potable liquids for cold weather?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How do you prep potable liquids for cold weather? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; New forum member here, I live in a cold weather climate and I want to keep a small survival kit in my car in case ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By AquaHull
  • 2 Post By Gunner's Mate
  • 1 Post By cdell

Thread: How do you prep potable liquids for cold weather?

New forum member here, I live in a cold weather climate and I want to keep a small survival kit in my car in case I get stranded due to weather, sliding off the road, whatever. I was wondering if anyone has a solution for keeping liquids in a cold weather climate. I'm always worried about my water or gatorade or whatever freezing. Which it does if I leave a bottle in the car for a few hours.
    I can always keep dry goods and the like in my car and never have to worry about it, but I don't know what to do about potable liquids except take a few bottles with me wherever I go. Take them out when I get out, bring them inside, take them back out. It's annoying but is there any other option?

I'm open to other ideas for other good stuff to keep in the car too. Keep in mind I'm only looking for a small kit to last 2-3 days max.

In the winter ,,,,,,, when I get into my jeep I put the water on the floor in front were the heater is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just incase I need it ,,,,,,, it's ready to drink in about 10 mins. ,,,,,,,,,, I did read a few months back if you put warm water in on of the bags that keep food warm it works for a day or two ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I don't know for sure on that one ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the heater in my jeep will thaw a bottle water in 10 mins.
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Put them in a cooler

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I only use the 16 oz water bottles in the car during winter. They freeze without problems if kept top side up.
    If you are in a snow belt, you can alway get off the road (to eliminate road chemicals) melt snow and use a
    filter system.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

add vodka
    maybe try wrapping in a couple terry bath towels eventually they will freeze but it might take longer than a few hours
    oops

I carry a man purse most have a water bottle pocket
    my winter one is this my summer is a kaukou leather shoulder bag.
    Men Outdoor Sport Crossbody Sling Shoulder Canvas Chest Bag - US$14.76
    also I carry a survival cat heater in my car and my wife's they use a propane bottle (1 pound) don't think they make them anymore
    oops

I carry Whisky it dont freeze
    Medic33 and cdell like this.
    {GM Consulting Service}
    Revolutions Started, Lions Tamed,
    Assassinations Plotted, Bars Emptied,
    Governments Run, Widows Wooed,
    Uprisings Quelled, Wars Fought, Golf Matches Fixed,
    Pack Trips Guided & Lost

I just let them freeze. If I need one I throw it on the dash on defrost, this obviously won't work if the truck breaks down but if you are just stuck usually the engine is still running.
    BuckB likes this.

A metal camping cup would be useful as you could fill it with snow and put it over a can of sterno. I have the sterno but not the metal cup, I am going to have to get one.

Let it freeze and make sure you have a way to build a fire to thaw it. Too cold is better than too hot.
    "Oh good lord it's the stink bug again. Did you see new faces and drop by like a fag at a birthday party to stink up the place with your phony dihmi hogwash"

Sponsored Links