2015 Year in Review and goals for 2016 - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2015 Year in Review and goals for 2016

This is a discussion on 2015 Year in Review and goals for 2016 within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I just started prepping this year. I've always been in the mindset of thinking ahead and being prepared, but I never thought of it from ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 2015 Year in Review and goals for 2016

I just started prepping this year. I've always been in the mindset of thinking ahead and being prepared, but I never thought of it from this angle. My wife thinks I'm crazy and it's just another "fad" for the moment... little does she know She's onboard and all, but I guess for her she will need to experience the use of some of our recently purchased equipment before she's convinced.

So far this year I've done the following (All within 2 months might I add).

- Sold the shares of my company, bought a Dodge Ram 1500 Sport.
    - Have 2 EDC pouches, one for my wife and one for me. Mine always stays in the truck.
    - Built a GHB with some essentials
    - Started a BOB
    - Built up enough food and water for at least a month.
    - Purchased a Generac 7500W generator
    - Changed from F/A Electric to F/A Propane Heat

This year's plans are to ensure everything is organized, and evenly build up our stores. I also plan on getting my Weapons license and purchase a few guns. We can't carry here in Canada unless to the range. We cannot hunt with pistols either.

Build a garden out back with about 4 or 5 vegetables.

I've already sorted a room out with some shelving for our equipment. Plan is to make that room our storage room (It's 12X12) to start. We want to be able to be fully prepared for up to 6 months by the end of this year.

Build up some fair sized alcohol stores. In the event of a SHTF scenario, and you need something to barter with, a 40oz of rye can help.

My house will be completely wired for backup power in 2 weeks. I'll also be building a new shed out back in the summer to hold some equipment (Generator, fuel etc).

My wife and I have made our new years resolution to be less Facebook/Social Media, more reading. I guess I'll be reading a lot of books on survival. :D

Keep learning.
    Every decision has pain. The trick is to choose your pain wisely.

Concentrate on finishing out my basement and making it look nice to sell and terraforming our farm so it will be ready for a new house. Or a bigger camper. Like a 5th wheel. Maybe my New Year's resolution should be to make up my mind.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

So far in 2015 i passed my amateur radio test. And on may 20 2016 i will graduate college. Then hopefully around june i will start taking certification exams. I plan on buying the practice tests and going the extra mile to make sure i pass the certifications.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Protect this House View Post
    Maine, That's a great question. It comes down to a balance between having cash in hand and stored preps. I would rather keep my savings where it is and slowly add preps vs diminish my savings for a larger amount of preps. I feel this gives me greater flexibility in the long run. SEC as I was previously a Security/OPSEC manager. The reality is that we would be in and out of the grocery store within an hour. Another thing that we think about is the quality of food that we are eating. I wouldn't want long term meals unless it was absolutely necessary. I know this goes against the theory of most preppers, but my personal preference though. I do know I have make certain improvements in this area though.
    you could quickly add lots of basic preps for very little money (Rice, Beans, Wheat) via LDS.Stores... #10 cans..you would be surprised how much food $400+- will get you...

Just as long as you know in the back of your mind that if it is an EMP or other such event.. the store may be a NO-GO and you have a lot of worthless cash in your safe
    Be a Berean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links