Do you think you could survive in the deep woods with no outside supply for long?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Do you think you could survive in the deep woods with no outside supply for long?

This is a discussion on Do you think you could survive in the deep woods with no outside supply for long? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; You're supplies with you will only last so long if you bugout with them. Then what? Do you have the skills? Is there enough food ...

Poll: Can you survive in the deep woods?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Do you think you could survive in the deep woods with no outside supply for long?

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.

You're supplies with you will only last so long if you bugout with them. Then what? Do you have the skills? Is there enough food you know how to obtain to survive from? You're not going to be alone if shtf to drive people towards the woods, unless you keep going away from civilization which is getting harder to do. Farming takes supplies, tools, hard and time. Can you survive?

Super Moderator

That is one of the things I love about where I live.
    Alabama has an abundance of food, from small game to fish to bugs to edible "weeds" to decent dirt for planting.

Yup, I am certain I can survive in the woods. Heck, my people ain't long out off the land. My father is the first generation to have a job.
    Irish, jimb1972, OCB and 1 others like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I'm down in the south myself and raised in the outdoors fishing, hunting, hiking, boating and camping. The swamp areas of the south are actually teaming with life still, but most people aren't willing to live in the swamps. Which is fine because that makes more for the rest of us who are.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Speaking of swamps, a lot of your critters are moving up north. Lake Eufaula, for example, is now teeming with alligators. The lakes and rivers around now have future boots in them.
    Just another thing to put on the list for munchies. Or, being munched, I suppose.
    Fuzzee, Irish and yanagi like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

I love gator tail, yum. There's the new problem of privately owned snakes owners no longer wanting and released into the wild taking over too. When the shtf I'd say it may be plus possibly as snake is quite tasty. Catching them can be tricky though. And the bigger they, the more likely they may make a meal of you too I'd say.

Do you think you could survive in the deep woods with no outside supply for long?-klwoodrat_python_5626.jpg
    Denton, Irish and yanagi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzee View Post
    I'm down in the south myself and raised in the outdoors fishing, hunting, hiking, boating and camping. The swamp areas of the south are actually teaming with life still, but most people aren't willing to live in the swamps. Which is fine because that makes more for the rest of us who are.

Exactly. I was born and raised in NC. I've lived in the swamps along the coast most of my life. I've also lived in NE Ohio. Both extremes provide everything you need to not only survive but thrive if you're smart enough to find them.
    Fuzzee, Denton, Irish and 1 others like this.
    I will fight until my last breath. I will bleed every drop.

absolutely can and plan to do so!

my woods are quite a bit different from your guys down south though
    Last edited by Irish; 11-26-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    Denton likes this.

A lot of the south is covered in Kudzu now too which is a great food source. I wonder how long it would last when people start living on it, but there is a lot of it and it grows like wildfire.

Do you think you could survive in the deep woods with no outside supply for long?-kudzu.jpg
    Denton, Irish and yanagi like this.

Where are you Irish?
    I will fight until my last breath. I will bleed every drop.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzee View Post
    A lot of the south is covered in Kudzu now too which is a great food source. I wonder how long it would last when people start living on it, but there is a lot of it and it grows like wildfire.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kudzu.jpg 
Views:	891 
Size:	315.4 KB 
ID:	740
    A delicacy in Japan, I hear.

I read somewhere that dying of starvation in the woods is like doing so in a restaurant.
    Irish, Fuzzee, yanagi and 1 others like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links