White House preparing for solar flares which could wipe out power for months
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on White House preparing for solar flares which could wipe out power for months within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I guess that we shall see. Keep prepping. White House prepares for catastrophic solar flares that could end civilization | Daily Mail Online The US ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: White House preparing for solar flares which could wipe out power for months

There are natural disasters, both on earth and off. Some have occurred in the past already and will strike again. The thing is, will it be today, or a thousand years from now? Crippling solar flares happen more often, if memory serves, it would be wise for the white house to be prepared.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

I'd like to know the specific changes being made.
    Protecting infrastructure from a CME "solar flare" would be much different than the steps taken to protect against a tactical EMP.
    The media is completely ignorant to the differences, and perpetuates the misconception that they are interchangeable.
    Knowing exactly what they're doing to the WH might clue us in to what they are *actually* expecting.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    I'd like to know the specific changes being made.
    Protecting infrastructure from a CME "solar flare" would be much different than the steps taken to protect against a tactical EMP.
    The media is completely ignorant to the differences, and perpetuates the misconception that they are interchangeable.
    Knowing exactly what they're doing to the WH might clue us in to what they are *actually* expecting.
    Sure it would be nice, but the govt and media is not around to assist you or me.
    Kauboy and A Watchman like this.

The articles states that a warning of less than 60min can be obtained, I think I read this from other sources. What good would that do? I suppose it is better than nothing.

Hey at least Main Stream News is talking about this kind of stuff now.

For a CME event, 60 minutes won't help with our present infrastructure. No way to divide the grid enough to limit damage. The long lines are just going to absorb the pulse and fry connected transformers. It *could* give you time to unplug your appliances/electronics from the wall to avoid potential over-voltage, but with fried transformers, they won't work when you try to use them later.
    Arklatex likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Would the powers at be give us lowly peasants a warning as well?

Quote Originally Posted by mcangus View Post
    Would the powers at be give us lowly peasants a warning as well?
    Of course not. It would be mayhem with notice. 60 mins would at least be a decent amount of time to drive/get home though.

I believe that some sort of warning would probably be made. It will become public knowledge that the
    government knew it was about to arrive (disaster) an hour early. If they did not make SOME sort of
    announcement to the public you can be assured that "heads would roll"! The immediate death toll could
    be significantly reduced with some sort of warning...though it would still be horrible.

That being said, you would have to take immediate action and get to you BOL ASAP! And likely the
    only gas you will have is what is in your tank. Unless you can steal some without someone else knowing
    about it! The gas stations, the city water supply and all communications will be going down without good
    ol' alternating current. All transportation would cease. That will include foods and anything that is moved
    about by truck, rail or airplane. Ships may not be able to refuel. SHTF for sure!

Bad times indeed!

Grim

The sad thing is that the issue has been brought before congress to prepare for this scenario several times. Yet they repeatedly turned down requests for the funding to harden the grid...
    Kauboy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links