SHTF - Doing what needs to be done?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on SHTF - Doing what needs to be done? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; So as not to hijack the salvage V looting thread here are my thoughts on people that say they will do ANYTHING or will DO ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: SHTF - Doing what needs to be done?

So as not to hijack the salvage V looting thread

here are my thoughts on people that say they will do ANYTHING or will DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE after SHTF

If you are "really prepared" (by this I mean 1 year of preps plus the ability and knowledge to be self sufficient) there will be no need to become a predator... or venture out during the early stages of the event

look at the events.

Dollar collapse - preppers are most likely going to stay home and be guarding their homes.... within a shorts period of time most if not all food, meds, water, etc will be gone and there will be a pile of bodies at walmart and sears

Plague - again..preppers are going to staying at home and away from the infected

EMP - again..preppers will be best served staying at home

Again if you are prepared -I can not think of a reason to venture into the confusion to risk being killed

the folks with no supplies will be killing others with few supplies - or in some cases they will find a prepper family and kill them.. but the more times a person or group attack a prepared family the more they will lose members until they are ALL DEAD

Most preppers I know will fight to the death to protect their family and supplies.. so there will be no making us leave empty handed to become one of the zombies...

Most preppers I know are not going to leave home during a SHTF event to go get ONE MORE can of Spam

Molon Labe is not just about guns.. it is also about our preps.. in SHTF event my family will be dead within a short period of time without supplies.. so if you want to take what I have... come big or stay home... you will have to kill me if you want to TAKE what I have....

Now I would gladly give you a peanut butter sandwich... But I will not bend my knee to a demand for food from people that failed to prepare.

So as to DOING WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE - I am doing that today - because what needs to be done is prepare..Food, Water, Shelter, Security, Medical.

in closing and my MAIN POINT.. there are three times to DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE

1. Before it happens - Smart and safe
    2. As it is happening - Not Smart and Not safe
    3. After it has happened and things have calmed down - most supplies (food, gas, water, meds, ammo, etc) will be gone, burnt, looted, broken.
    SOCOM42, SDF880, Smitty901 and 9 others like this.
    Be a Berean

I guess you have it pretty well and correctly covered.

But, I will have to go and get one last gallon of milk(joke).
    As said before, I have enough put away for us for five years.
    Have the skill's and ability to fix or build just about anything.
    My plan is to stay put and defend it to the death.
    I spend about 100-300 a month on whatever I think is needed to enhance the existing preps.
    I don't think I will live much past that time anyways, based on family genetics.
    Have already outlived the average male family members passings by 12 years.
    If needed i can go off grid tomorrow and stay that way.
    The only thing that would be missed would be the tv.
    I don't need the computer or a cell phone which i have but never use, save about 5 min's a month.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 11-08-2015 at 12:37 PM.
    Maine-Marine likes this.

Covered it pretty well. This needs repeating I will not come for what is yours . It will not end well for you if you come for what is ours. We will extend charity where we can .
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Yep, it sickens me when I here posts touting "do what I gotta do". Sounds like a liberal retard to me. I'm sure we will see em on the news looting a Walmart with a 65" flat screen in hand and a big goofy grin. Fact is, when their poor starving kids have driven them to drive my neighbor's SUV through my house and burn it to the ground, they are gonna live for what? one extra day? They might as well start carving up our bodies and eating us too, or they are wasting a lot of resources. My bet is if you are too lazy to properly prepare, and don't have the ability to survive on you own without taking from others, you will not be making it 10 steps off your own property.

I'd make one last run to get what I can, before I can't. Wouldn't take any risks but I have a few ideas that I assume others haven't thought of in my area. I'm always looking. Extra supplies are always welcome.

Once the Z's are out get home and quit messing around. Then like most lock and load and bar the door. Go into survival mode. Pretty much like others stated above.
    Maine-Marine likes this.

Stop antagonizing. You clearly don't comprehend what we mean when we say we will do what needs to be done. Regardless of our descriptions of what we mean, you choose willful omission of the facts, and pretend to know some alternative to be true, as if you're omnipotent.
    I will try one FINAL time to make it clear to you, and stop this witch hunt...
    I will NOT be seeking to murder anyone. Period. End of statement.
    Because I am not an omnipotent being, I do not pretend to know that my future is secure with the preps I have. Bad things can happen that wipe them out. I can't plan for all scenarios. No one can. To believe otherwise is arrogant and foolish.
    To that end, if I no longer have the resources at my disposal to feed my family, I WILL seek out such resources, at varying degrees of acceptable risk, to ensure they survive. I will not attack others to take what they have, but if no owner is in sight, it is free game when my children are starving. Call it anything you like. Words are meaningless when my 4 year old is dying.
    You took it as "smirky" in the other thread, but it is a cold and hard reality. You are willing to watch your family die a long and horrid death as their own body consumes them. You have your reasons.
    I am not willing to do the same. If I can give them one more day of life, it is worth it.
    I have never claimed that "what needs to be done" would include offensive attack. YOU fabricated that strawman, and tried to hang it on me. I stated that, if I needed to steal to feed my family, and faced death as a result(got caught), I would defend my life. I am no good to them dead, and would not just accept it.
    I will not seek confrontation. I will avoid others at all costs.
    But I WILL do what a father must to keep his children alive.

That is all. There is no more. Continue your witch hunt, or accept my position and move on. It makes no real difference.
    I don't pretend to know the future. I don't limit my options based on unknowns
    And I certainly don't claim to know what I will and won't do in a situation I've never faced before.
    To believe such is dangerous and illogical. You cannot know what you do not know. This is a truth. It is irrefutable. You can hope. You can wish. You can expect. But you cannot know. Period.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

I won't hurt or threaten a person to take what they have. But let's be real. If I came across a house with no one in it I'm going into it. And I would not care. Since this is all what ifs and other such fiction what I say here is irrelevant. I do like the question it poses though I can't say for certain what I would do in this fictitious scenario any more than I would if a zombie infestation occurred. I think luck will have a big part in how the outcome goes regardless of the preparation level. If this scenario were say, a nuke, to your town? Nothing is going to save you. If the situation were a mob of 1000's? You join or you die taking a few sure. But your not going to make it. And if there are roving gangs they will work together to get a piece of the thing they can't get on their own.

What ifs are good for personal reflection. But let's not try to hold water in it. Chances are you will go thirsty. Plans and all that make us feel good. But there are times where we simply are not in control. And we don't have a choice in it. And a years worth of food isn't gonna mean a damn.
    Kauboy and Grim Reality like this.
    Hidden Content Wouldn't it be nice.....

Banned

What is the point of this thread I missed the thesis?

Is this about morality in time of crisis in regard to people's property rights not being respected, as they will not be assumed but rather only enforceable by personal deterrence?

If you are dead without doing something then you do something, that is duress. I think that is universal with or without crisis as a guiding line of needs based actions when it deals with community unknowns.
    slewfoot and Grim Reality like this.

I agree, if things go to hell, best to lay low, and let the crazies take care of each other.

Pointless thread.
    You build on failure, you use it as a stepping stone.
    Johnny Cash.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links