My tooth Hurts!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My tooth Hurts!

This is a discussion on My tooth Hurts! within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; PREPPING 101: WHEN THERE IS NO DENTIST by PAUL HELINSKI on OCTOBER 25, 2015 Related Tags: Buzz, Feature Articles, Prepping This book is an absolute ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Urinal Cake
  • 1 Post By Camel923

Thread: My tooth Hurts!

My tooth Hurts!

PREPPING 101: WHEN THERE IS NO DENTIST
    by PAUL HELINSKI on OCTOBER 25, 2015
    Related Tags: Buzz, Feature Articles, Prepping

This book is an absolute essential for any survival library. Things you would think are simple just aren’t.

Where There is No Dentist: Amazon Prime $16.15
    Tools and Required Implements:
    Dental Work/Extraction Kits $10-$160
    Dental Picks w/Mirror $9.99
    Temporary (6 month) Fillings: Zinc Oxide/Clove Oil, All Temp Fillings
    Permanent Fillings: Glass Ionomer Automix, All Glass Ionomer
    Injectible Lidocaine
    Sterile Syringes (3cc is fine)
    Luer Lock Needles (18 and 24/25guage)
    Fish Antibiotics (Penicillin)
    Erythromycin (for those allergic to Penicillin)
    Schedule H Antibiotics from India
    It seems like everything that I look into when it comes to survival is not simple. You would think that the extent of survival dentistry you need to know doesn’t extend further than “yank the darn tooth,” but that is not the case. I sat down and actually read the book, “Where There Is No Dentist,” by Murray Dickson, and I highly suggest that you buy this $16 book, and some of the tools and medications that will make substantive dentistry possible. There are very few non-fatal injuries as debilitating as tooth pain (disk pain of the back being the only one I can think of worse), and if left to fester, tooth maladies themselves can be fatal. The book was apparently written to help volunteer medical workers in African villagers, but it includes everything that you will need in a survival situation.

A lot of the book is meant to teach the basics of oral care, as well as how to teach it, but there are also some priceless guidelines for everything from diagnosing an abscess to extracting a tooth, including important information on how to inject Lidocaine.
    A lot of the book is meant to teach the basics of oral care, as well as how to teach it, but there are also some priceless guidelines for everything from diagnosing an abscess to extracting a tooth, including important information on how to inject Lidocaine.

What I found the most disheartening was how confident I was that I could do dental work with no training. I actually bought dental instruments on Ebay years ago, but there are all kinds of issues covered in the book that you wouldn’t think about. What if someone’s jaw is broken and the teeth feel loose? The book shows you how to use an old needle and stitches to make a splint for the teeth, so you can wait for the bones to heal. What if someone has a bad puss filled infection? Do you extract the teeth? No, you give antibiotics and wait for the infection to come down first.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/pre...is-no-dentist/
    Last edited by Urinal Cake; 10-26-2015 at 03:30 AM.
    Camel923, A Watchman and Arklatex like this.
    Announcing Our New web-site 100% CBD products
    Hidden Content

Good book to have. Friendly advise..utilize if there is no dentist. Dental school is like MD school plus all the specialty dental classes. You will not be a dentist by reading one book. If your stuck in a survival situation be prepared like urinal cake.
    Last edited by Camel923; 10-26-2015 at 06:45 AM.
    Arklatex likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I have the book too and hope I never have to resort to using it!!!

Sponsored Links