Prepping at Dollar Tree
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Prepping at Dollar Tree

This is a discussion on Prepping at Dollar Tree within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Was in Dollar Tree earlier today and wanted to give a heads-up on some good deals. Don't know if all the stores have this stuff ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Prepping at Dollar Tree

Prepping at Dollar Tree

Was in Dollar Tree earlier today and wanted to give a heads-up on some good deals. Don't know if all the stores have this stuff but figured it's worth shouting out just in case.

I picked up 5 hour emergency candles in the tall glass holders, MRE heaters ( the small metal circular tins), 2 pound bags of AP flour were 4 for $1.

Hope it helps someone else out there.
    C5GUY, AquaHull, Paravani and 2 others like this.

i like the dollar store for canned goods too!
    Gman303 likes this.

Dollar Tree does have some great prep items. I bought plastic sheeting there for a $1 a pack to cover my windows and sliding glass door this winter (conserves heat). Those usually go for $5+ at the Home Depot/Lowes. They also have little mini bungee cords 6 for a $1. IMO - you can never have a enough bungee cords. Love them! I also love the little Tortillas that dollar tree sells. They accept manufacturer coupons at my local store so that's a bonus too!

Heads up though - Their $1 first aid and medicine supplies are sold for .88 cents per item at most Walmart stores. I know because I have a whole case of that stuff and use it all the time.
    shotlady likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Paravani View Post
    I always check the label to make sure that food products didn't come from China. I swear those people don't care what kind of crap makes it into their food!

-- Paravani
    Yes! I've actually traveled through China and Tibet and I will tell you the same thing - don't eat the food! There's zero regulation over there and inspection of goods coming into the US doesn't do a good job testing for chemical pollutants unless someone gets sick.

I also avoid MSG laden foods as well. Unfortunately most of the foods at Dollar Tree contain MSG.

Dollar Tree has the best deal on batteries that I have found. 8 AA or 8 AAA for $1. I have tested them and they work great.

Dollar Tree also has Soy Milk for $1. I usually go there once a month and stock up on a few things.

@ Bennettvm.... They actually do have batteries. But idk if its just me but seems like they die faster??? Just saying

I never think to go to the Dollar stores. Thanks....

I go to 98 cents or less store they have a whole aisle of nothing but first aid.everytime I got the extra buck I pick up something for my emergency box.

My fiancées sister works at dollar tree, and informed me that they are going to start carrying seeds 4 packs per dollar. It'll be interesting to see if they're heirloom or not. The dollar tree is kinda far from me, so it's not real practical to stop by there. If they were about 10 miles closer, or on the route I travel most, I would stop there. Maybe I should make a special trip just to see what's up?

Really 4 packs for a buck isnt bad. I like the glo sticks there prefect for your bug out bags

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links