New Economic Collapse Prepper
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on New Economic Collapse Prepper within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Right after I had completed writing this my computer immediately decided to shut down! So annoying! Let's try this again... I am new to prepping ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Economic Collapse Prepper

Right after I had completed writing this my computer immediately decided to shut down! So annoying! Let's try this again...

I am new to prepping and need a little direction please! I am willing to buy the prepper books and do the research but I have a gut feeling this may happen soon so just in case I need the information pronto in order to buy provisions before I am unable to do so. Please help me get into the proper outdoorsy prepper mode. I can't take for granted that even with a firearm I can keep my apartment from being repossessed, correct? This means I need everything to be lightweight and I need a way to carry everything. I also need a way to get pure water and I need a way to hunt and cook. Please help!

As a sidenote: Solar panels and generators are for luxury living not true SHTF situations, right? You can't carry solar panels with you when you travel plus having them on display for all to see would be the quickest way to tempt people to try to rob your supplies...

greetings

Water, Food, Shelter, Security, Medical

quantities depend on how long you are prepping for...
    Be a Berean

Super Moderator

Welcome from Alabama!
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kirklw View Post
    Right after I had completed writing this my computer immediately decided to shut down! So annoying! Let's try this again...

I am new to prepping and need a little direction please! I am willing to buy the prepper books and do the research but I have a gut feeling this may happen soon so just in case I need the information pronto in order to buy provisions before I am unable to do so. Please help me get into the proper outdoorsy prepper mode. I can't take for granted that even with a firearm I can keep my apartment from being repossessed, correct? This means I need everything to be lightweight and I need a way to carry everything. I also need a way to get pure water and I need a way to hunt and cook. Please help!

As a sidenote: Solar panels and generators are for luxury living not true SHTF situations, right? You can't carry solar panels with you when you travel plus having them on display for all to see would be the quickest way to tempt people to try to rob your supplies...
    What is this economic collapse you speak of? Repossession of something you don't own to start with?

Let's drill down to some basics. What are you really prepping for? Natural disaster? Weather or man made in nature?

I'm typical. I own my home, I have minimal plan to leave only if I absolutely have to. I prep for 30 days w/o power. That most likely will be when I need to press my plans into action. Hunting for food if you never have and you bank on that, you'll most likely go hungry. You have a boat load of soul searching to do before you spend a dime.

Oh and welcome to the journey.

None

There are smaller flexible (5-20 watt) solar panel like the military uses good for charging batteries ect.

Read through the threads here. A lot of people plan to Bug Out with their BOB (bug out bag) but the general censuses here is that it is usually better to sit it out at home if possible. If the cities empty you'll simply competing with thousands for very limited resources on land owned by people who probably won't want you around.

Bugging out without a well chosen stocked up 2nd location should be your last alternative.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you're wrong about the S hitting the fan soon, and you have more time to prep. Don't expect immediate results, prepping is a process.

I was trying to avoid the explanation because I can imagine even preppers (often thought of as a little out there) would be quick to judge. Lately Christianity is sadly becoming taboo. The stock market is looking to be in bad shape plus I have family telling me that more than normal Biblical Prophecies are taking place in September... plus the President does not seem trustworthy enough to pass the baton when the time comes. The overall picture is grim... So I want to plan for a default on the debt, collapse of the US and world economies, and maybe for further government overreach.

Hello from KY. Take a deep breath and let it soak in! Lots of good info on here!

Ok, I lied, no surf, but enough sand
    to fill all the dang sand bags I’ll ever need!

All you can do is what you can do. If you have money to buy preps, do so to the amount you can.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Toilet paper--- you never want to run out---
    cdell likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links