How to setup a security check point - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to setup a security check point

This is a discussion on How to setup a security check point within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Thank you for sharing your drawing. Keep at it, and your technique will start to improve....

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: How to setup a security check point

Thank you for sharing your drawing.
    Keep at it, and your technique will start to improve.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Here is all you need...How to setup a security check point-download-1-.jpg
    Denton and Slippy like this.

How so? Like to add some suggestions?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gunsandgearnetwork View Post
    Sure. Glad you asked.

I don't feel like I'm connecting with the characters in the scene. Perhaps more detail on the faces and unique styles of attire would allow me to better understand their backgrounds. Some shading could really improve the overall feel, and let me know if this is more of a daytime setting, or late evening. Instead of the bird's eye view, a slanted 60 degree angle of the scene would allow for depth and form to really show up.
    And as always, "happy little bushes" make all the difference.

I can't wait for the next one!
    Slippy and warrior4 like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

The Good Cop

That technique may work with some city boy amateurs.
    But a country lad with a Caterpillar bull dozer would not even be slowed down. I probably could borrow my neighbor's across the road, a lot of folks have mechanized equipment out in farming areas.
    Does your check point have flank security? What is to keep a rifle fire team from out flanking the check point and coming up from your rear?

Not picking at you, just posting some observations to think about.
    Slippy likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hardcore View Post
    heres mine
    HAHAHAAH That's the best working illegal in the country! he won't walk off the job early!!!
    hardcore likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Sure. Glad you asked.

I don't feel like I'm connecting with the characters in the scene. Perhaps more detail on the faces and unique styles of attire would allow me to better understand their backgrounds. Some shading could really improve the overall feel, and let me know if this is more of a daytime setting, or late evening. Instead of the bird's eye view, a slanted 60 degree angle of the scene would allow for depth and form to really show up.
    And as always, "happy little bushes" make all the difference.

I can't wait for the next one!
    I dont think we are even on the same plane much less the same row.

You're the one that wanted to share a drawing, and then asked for suggestions. I was only offering help.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    That technique may work with some city boy amateurs.
    But a country lad with a Caterpillar bull dozer would not even be slowed down. I probably could borrow my neighbor's across the road, a lot of folks have mechanized equipment out in farming areas.
    Does your check point have flank security? What is to keep a rifle fire team from out flanking the check point and coming up from your rear?

Not picking at you, just posting some observations to think about.
    I think folks would see a bull dozer or tractor coming their way. I thought it would be obvious that you would need some "armed" guards at a post like this to make it (or any checkpoint) work.

The other obvious is the "country lad" a looter that has come to rape and pillage? If not he would be allowed to go through anyway if he had a purpose or a desire to help out people in that area. As far as flank security. Their is no fool proof way to secure an area unless you have the man power to overcome it. Even with that maybe the local thugs created a drone that can drop bombs on your "flank security". This is just a better method than just leaving a road open for anyone to come and go as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsandgearnetwork View Post
    How 'bout make the people more appealing....(but no Rebel Flag, that's been banned I heard)

And I would probably put in an anti-Caterpillar 960 Track Loader devise thing. Other than that I think you got it licked.

Now, what time is recess and do they still make you take naps on little roll up mattress like things?

PS Have you met my friend BuggyBugOutBag?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links