Store what you eat - Break the Rule - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Store what you eat - Break the Rule

This is a discussion on Store what you eat - Break the Rule within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Slippy I think children pose a whole 'nother challenge when it comes to food. That's why no children allowed at Slippy Lodge ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Store what you eat - Break the Rule

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I think children pose a whole 'nother challenge when it comes to food. That's why no children allowed at Slippy Lodge post SHTF. Plus they always have stuffy noses and touch things with their grimy hands. Just kidding:smug:

But seriously, children often have more allergies that they grow out of during teen age years. And they are very habitual eaters. I remember Son 2 when he was 5 years old, I think he ate an American Cheese Sandwich every day for a year. Just a slice of American Cheese and two pieces of bread. Kids are hilarious, nasty little creatures but hilarious! :joyous:
    Kleenex last for ever....

I think children pose a whole 'nother challenge when it comes to food. That's why no children allowed at Slippy Lodge post SHTF. Plus they always have stuffy noses and touch things with their grimy hands. Just kidding:smug:

But seriously, children often have more allergies that they grow out of during teen age years. And they are very habitual eaters. I remember Son 2 when he was 5 years old, I think he ate an American Cheese Sandwich every day for a year. Just a slice of American Cheese and two pieces of bread. Kids are hilarious, nasty little creatures but hilarious! :joyous:
    7 year old grand son I wonder some times if he ever stops eating. And when you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich you better put peanut butter on one slice and jelly on the other then put them together don't even think of putting the jelly right on the peanut butter
    Slippy and dwight55 like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    7 year old grand son I wonder some times if he ever stops eating. And when you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich you better put peanut butter on one slice and jelly on the other then put them together don't even think of putting the jelly right on the peanut butter
    and cut it in a triangle
    dwight55 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

I had my son and wife participate in the menu selection for our 72 hr evac kit. When I suggested that we use it this weekend when we go camping, they both said no way. now wtf am I supposed to do if SHTF happens for real?
    Slippy and Maine-Marine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerhell View Post
    I had my son and wife participate in the menu selection for our 72 hr evac kit. When I suggested that we use it this weekend when we go camping, they both said no way. now wtf am I supposed to do if SHTF happens for real?
    (Slippy puts on his white lab coat and hangs his Psycho Degree above his desk)

Your first mistake was made when you asked them to participate in the menu selection.

(Please pay the nurse when you leave)

There are some in my family that I would be tempted to poison should they show up at Slippy Lodge post SHTF. My theory is that everyone's family is made up of approximately 50-60% crazy people.
    Only 50 - 60% . . .?

Don't check my in-laws. Of course, I voluntarily joined, so not sure what that says about me?
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by darsk20 View Post
    Only 50 - 60% . . .?

Don't check my in-laws. Of course, I voluntarily joined, so not sure what that says about me?
    darsk,

I was trying to be nice, Mrs Slippy and I just upgraded the CRAZY RATIO of our families to 75%!
    darsk20 likes this.

darsk,

I was trying to be nice, Mrs Slippy and I just upgraded the CRAZY RATIO of our families to 75%!
    Bad darsk, bad. Now write 100 times "Do not tempt Slippy off the straight and narrow . . . "

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Sometimes in life you eat what you get. If you don't like it go hungry. Store what you can is more like it in many ways some foods are just easier and more practical to store.
    Like getting that darn chicken ala king MRE 4 times in a row.
    I've never eaten MRE food, . . . but from your tone of voice, . . . it probably resembled getting to the C ration box late 4 times in a row, . . . only thing left is ham and lima beans.

To this day, . . . I DO NOT eat lima beans.............

But, . . . to join the conversation, yes, . . . store extra stuff, . . . tuna, rice, (don't know about that quinoa stuff), oatmeal, raisins, any dried fruit or veggies, jerky, or anything else that is cheap and has lots of protein or carbs.

Carbs and protein will be the two biggies we will need as there just will not be "3 hots and a cot" after SHTF.

I stop by Gordon Foods at least once a month, . . . and any big cans they have for $5 or so, . . . goes home with me. I'll probably have to eat a lot of baked beans, . . . but at least I'll be eating.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Martins just had a sale on refried beans 10 for $10... i have coupons for 50¢ that doubled to $1 so pick up 20 cans for $0.00....

I eat them but they are not my favorite....BUT come HTF event... yummie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links