BulletSafe Bullet Proof Vests?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on BulletSafe Bullet Proof Vests? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Does anyone have any experience with BulletSafe vests? www.bulletsafe.com I am on the road quite frequently, driving through some tough areas and thought this might ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: BulletSafe Bullet Proof Vests?

Does anyone have any experience with BulletSafe vests? www.bulletsafe.com I am on the road quite frequently, driving through some tough areas and thought this might be a good investment this Summer. It's Level III protection by design at $299 and Level IV protection can be obtained by adding front and back ballistic plates at $169 apiece.

I have no experience with the vests aside from picking one up and feeling the weight of it, which is considerable with plates. It wouldn't work for me, your mileage may vary.

A good rifle and you will be dead

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

He mentioned they offer Level 4 plates. Those are rated to stop a 30.06AP round.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Never heard of that company.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    A good rifle and you will be dead
    even a bad rifle with a good shooter behind it.....

The problem with body armor even the stuff I wear overseas is weight and mobility. Another problem is it is easily defeated by shooting the areas that are not covered. Most body armor does not cover the hips or leaves the sides of your torso open. If you are considering body armor the one question you should honestly ask yourself; "what is my threat?"
    It is an evil society that blames the tool for the actions of its user.

I could just see you now, driving up to a client getting out of your car to make a sales call or delivery or whatever it is you do. You walk into your customers place of bidness, dripping with sweat from wearing 40lbs of AR550 steel plates sitting in pockets of a vest.

If its that damn bad, you need armor plated car and reinforced windows. Armor Me - Full Body Armored Cars Trucks BulletProof Vests Car For Sale Custom Kevlar Clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I could just see you now, driving up to a client getting out of your car to make a sales call or delivery or whatever it is you do. You walk into your customers place of bidness, dripping with sweat from wearing 40lbs of AR550 steel plates sitting in pockets of a vest.

If its that damn bad, you need armor plated car and reinforced windows. Armor Me - Full Body Armored Cars Trucks BulletProof Vests Car For Sale Custom Kevlar Clothing
    Not to mention people who buy vests tend to forget to buy helmets. Preventing a bullet to the knoggen is probably more important than preventing a body hit. I have seen a lot of people live through bulllets to the body.
    Slippy likes this.
    It is an evil society that blames the tool for the actions of its user.

I was checking out the AR500 armor.

Carrier + front and back LVL3 + side plates LVL3 = $424 not a bad investment. They have a torture test of them from 20ft putting in .223 and 7.62

In WROL/SHTF with no doctors available I would be pissed if I took a round that could have been stopped if I had armor. I plan on buying and wearing often to condition myself.
    Slippy and Jakthesoldier like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed12404 View Post
    I was checking out the AR500 armor.

Carrier + front and back LVL3 + side plates LVL3 = $424 not a bad investment. They have a torture test of them from 20ft putting in .223 and 7.62

In WROL/SHTF with no doctors available I would be pissed if I took a round that could have been stopped if I had armor. I plan on buying and wearing often to condition myself.
    Go for it young man! You've got spunk...(and your little lady's expanding belly proves it... )
    just mike and Disturbed12404 like this.

I'll
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    He mentioned they offer Level 4 plates. Those are rated to stop a 30.06AP round.
    I'll aim at the forehed , chin or nuts, I can hit either.
    Slippy likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links