real life experience, and learning from those who have it. - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

real life experience, and learning from those who have it.

This is a discussion on real life experience, and learning from those who have it. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Medic33 I have an experience, that I never will forget-and I count my blessings I came out ok. I was a sniper, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: real life experience, and learning from those who have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic33 View Post
    I have an experience, that I never will forget-and I count my blessings I came out ok.
    I was a sniper, my selected rifle M24(boltgun) was not available so I was given a M21/m25(based on the m14) after zeroing and familiarizing myself with it I was deployed on a support role for a infantry patrol. The patrol came under fire so I went into action after the 3rd shot my position came under fire from a 12.7 mm (like a 50 cal) one of the rounds hit my rifle and fubared it. At that time I defended my position with a m9(9mm handgun) I fired around 1000 or so rounds with it ( I tried to bale on the position but got pinned down ) no I did not have an m4 I was dropped off by Blackhawk and was only supposed to be there in position until the patrol was out of area -lesson always have a backup to your backup to your backup to your backup I was there for almost 12 hours the berretta was no longer black it was now a chalky white, the [email protected]# was getting tight I called and called for evac or fire support -nothing I thought I was abandoned - and I can tell you at that moment I was angry, terrified, sad, and adrenalized all at the same time, thought I was toast and had thought of giving up. just when I thought I was done "game over feeling" a little bird came through mowed the area with minigun fire and then picked me up -second lesson- NEVER give up, never. My training saved my life, kept me fighting, the drills that I thought were just repetitive nonsense-no way my body knew what to do before my mind could register it was already done. Even the little things that I thought I would not ever remember -I remembered what and how to do them as it I had the instructions programmed into my brain.
    Man I hate to say it but Gotta bring out the BS card why would you be alone and why would you have 1000 rounds of 9mm I dont carry 1000 rounds of 7.62 link on patrol Ive never heard of a sniper getting dropped off at their position by black hawk and why would a medic be sniper trained that one has always seemed weird to me the two skillsets dont work together one completely defeats the other.
    Jakthesoldier likes this.

call it what you want, sometimes shit just works out that way.
    oops

call it what you want, sometimes shit just works out that way.
    BS it is then thx
    Thats a full can of 9mm actually a full can plus 20rds gotta be the worlds worst sniper to think your gonna need that much lol and not taking a primary weapon system, I know some snipers do it but only when their spotter is taking one. So your saying you reloaded your 9mm 67 times with a mag or that you hand jammed 1000 rds while an enemy was close enough to a sniper position to engage with 9mm. Dont worry man next time your story will make more sense say like 45rds we typically carry 1 mag in the gun and two spares. Also say something like I fast roped in a terrain feature away under cover of darkness 24hrs prior to the op to get a feel for the environment. I could still believe the medic/sniper thing it could happen but, only by giving you a lot of leeway.
    Why man why make shit up I am just curious why some people do it.
    Jakthesoldier likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have an experience, that I never will forget-and I count my blessings I came out ok.
    I was a sniper, my selected rifle M24(boltgun) was not available so I was given a M21/m25(based on the m14) after zeroing and familiarizing myself with it I was deployed on a support role for a infantry patrol. The patrol came under fire so I went into action after the 3rd shot my position came under fire from a 12.7 mm (like a 50 cal) one of the rounds hit my rifle and fubared it. At that time I defended my position with a m9(9mm handgun) I fired around 1000 or so rounds with it ( I tried to bale on the position but got pinned down ) no I did not have an m4 I was dropped off by Blackhawk and was only supposed to be there in position until the patrol was out of area -lesson always have a backup to your backup to your backup to your backup I was there for almost 12 hours the berretta was no longer black it was now a chalky white, the [email protected]# was getting tight I called and called for evac or fire support -nothing I thought I was abandoned - and I can tell you at that moment I was angry, terrified, sad, and adrenalized all at the same time, thought I was toast and had thought of giving up. just when I thought I was done "game over feeling" a little bird came through mowed the area with minigun fire and then picked me up -second lesson- NEVER give up, never. My training saved my life, kept me fighting, the drills that I thought were just repetitive nonsense-no way my body knew what to do before my mind could register it was already done. Even the little things that I thought I would not ever remember -I remembered what and how to do them as it I had the instructions programmed into my brain.
    I'm genuinely surprised you actually had 1000 rounds of ammo for your Beretta. I've never seen anyone carry more than 3 spare mags for one. Lucky you had at least that much foresight.
    bigwheel likes this.

The Good Cop

Take it from an old timer.

What is the difference between a War Story, and a Fairy Tale?
    One starts out "Once Upon A Time", and the other "There I Was...."
    Medic33 likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

yah man, there I was in nam not Vietnam just nam in a swamp by the delta late at night I think it was in Louisiana , those chicken(you know feathers , lay eggs n stuff)) were running all around me I was scared I tell yah, then one of those chicken( feathers /eggs you get the point) ran right up on me got right in my face a yelled what sound like F#$% off -all I had was my 1.85 inch bayonet and a red twizzler licorice stick -it was sic man real sic.
    oops

Quote Originally Posted by Jakthesoldier View Post
    You may never (God willing) get real life combat experience that the military and police get over time, but the training, that is always attainable. It's never too late to break open manuals, watch demonstrations, take classes etc.

A good tactical class will teach you all of the same basics with minor tweaks from the instructor's personal experience (or lack thereof) as what police and military get. It's practice and review that makes police and military as good as they are.
    Yep. Keep in mind I would be just fine if I never have to put any of my preps to use. The occasional hurricane I will have to deal with no doubt. And I am ready for those. Been through 3 already. LOL. A real SHTF scenario, I hope never comes. That would prove me wrong ( I see bad things on the horizon ) and I would happily except that. However, I don't have confidence in what I am seeing for the future, so it would be prudent if I would be prepared as best I can for worst case scenarios just in case I am right.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 04-27-2015 at 04:41 PM.
    Medic33, bigwheel and Arklatex like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

No amount of training will make you a killer.

Train til you drop but if you're not a killer the only way you'll kill an opponent is by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Good post Jak. Being prepared is more then just having the equipment. You have to practice at all your preps. Not just firearms use but all of it.
    Not to hijack the thread, but practicing ALL your preps is so important. Don't just keep a can of heirloom seeds and a handbook on how to raise chickens. DO IT! Start a garden, get some chickens, build a biosand filter, put some miles on those new boots, cook some meals in the Dutch oven or sun oven. It takes TONS of mistakes to become an expert or adequately proficient at anything, and there will simply not be the time to spend on mistakes and a steep learning curve when SHTF.
    bigwheel and Jakthesoldier like this.

I hope none of you go through the learn curve I went though. It would be great if no one ever had to. Education can come very quickly. Train until you do with out thinking about the little stuff. Use your training to think through the rest. To act is better than to react.
    I know many of you have been there done that. I pretty sure you feel close to the same way about it.
    bigwheel and Jakthesoldier like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links