Facebook going too far
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Facebook going too far

This is a discussion on Facebook going too far within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; So Facebook timed out and made me log in again. No big deal. The problem was when it logged in. It asked me to confirm ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Facebook going too far

Facebook going too far

So Facebook timed out and made me log in again. No big deal. The problem was when it logged in. It asked me to confirm my name. Now I'm not putting any more information on Facebook than I have to, including using my nickname instead of my real name. When I went to confirm it, Facebook informed me they may require additional documentation (ie. ID, passport, bills, or mail to confirm my identity and ensure I am who I say I am. Anyone else encounter this yet? I'm pretty pissed. I can see the effects of Obama's Internet policies already. I'm considering going Internet black in the near future.
    sideKahr likes this.

I've been off facebook for over a year. I started on it before it became the powerhouse that it has. I watched it's decline into a commercial POS. Won't touch it. I stuck to places like this to find like minded people who share common interests
    sideKahr likes this.
    Hidden Content Wouldn't it be nice.....

I've never used Facebook and don't think I ever will, now.

P.S. What does 'Internet Black' mean?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Last edited by Jakthesoldier; 04-22-2015 at 08:21 PM.

I just logged into facebook, no different than any other time. But I hear they do record texts? From mobile devices I suppose. I don't use it much at all.

FB is a free service. If they require more information in return for that service than I wish to provide, I'll quit using them. So far, they haven't objected to my attempts to obscure the personal information I didn't want out there (such as date of birth and home address), so I'm still using them for the moment.

By the way, you Can set up a page for a 'sports personality' separate from a personal account; which may be a way to keep in touch with friends but be harder to find than a casual name search by a random user.

Basically, if it's on the internet I don't consider it Truly private or safe anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    I've never used Facebook and don't think I ever will, now.

P.S. What does 'Internet Black' mean?
    Going black is dropping off the grid. So, by internet black I mean off the internet. Possibly only using Internet at locations where it can't be linked to me.
    sideKahr likes this.

Agreed if that 3rd screenshot is what they're up to. No need for that on the net. I quit using it years ago after ghosts from the past found me.
    Hemi45 likes this.

Do you think a 2nd grade report card and an expired library card from an old address would suffice?

Bank statements! You've got to be kidding!

The Good Cop

I use FB to keep in touch with military buddies, and also belong to some history groups, both WWII and Vietnam.
    I use my real name, otherwise my buddies would not know who I am. But no pictures of me are anywhere on that site.
    Of course, for those with multiple email addresses it is possible to have a second, or third registration with aliases. But naturally I would know nothing of that.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links