just got a small underground bunker. what should i put in it? - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

just got a small underground bunker. what should i put in it?

This is a discussion on just got a small underground bunker. what should i put in it? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Mish NO?!! Dang! It's always worked before. Well you're not messing with your run o' the mill bi-pedal ape man....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: just got a small underground bunker. what should i put in it?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    NO?!! Dang! It's always worked before.
    Well you're not messing with your run o' the mill bi-pedal ape man.
    Mish and bigwheel like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SirLSD View Post
    I would love to be able to build a house with a basement but no building company will do it in Australia. I did find a company that would build an undercroft garage but thay wanted about $200,000 just for that part. I guess a basement the same size 20' by 20' would cost about the same. then you got the cost of the house on top of that plus cost of land. don't have a spare million unfortunately.
    Yehr,

its all his you go about it but I can assure you it costs less than 100,000 to dig out an Rv sized basement.

Being is aussyland local code is a different story.

If you are making a safehole, you might want a rebreather, some books that are disposable, food and water, aand padding like in gyms for the floor and walls. You might also want a crank radio. If you are stuck in a hole for a week what would you want t, what about a month?

You probably won't get too much stuff in there but you could still vapour seal it and bring in air tubes with gas mask filters. I would do as such. I would make it so it was steps that were able to be used for sitting on or laying on. Then pad the lower levels, put food and water supplies on the bottom.

It is pretty standard Food water shelter first aid, entertainment.

the dude is in Australia and apparently the contractors there don't want or know how to build one so the price is stupidly high- the man could dig it out himself and get a truck to bring in concrete but then again I don't know aussy codes and maybe there is a unusually high radon factor in that area and nobody wants to touch it.
    you may have other options like digging and building a root type cellar away from the house and make that your storm shelter, we really don't know your situation and the regs/codes etc.. but it is cool that your trying to get it done.
    oops

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Medic33 View Post
    the dude is in Australia and apparently the contractors there don't want or know how to build one so the price is stupidly high- the man could dig it out himself and get a truck to bring in concrete but then again I don't know aussy codes and maybe there is a unusually high radon factor in that area and nobody wants to touch it.
    you may have other options like digging and building a root type cellar away from the house and make that your storm shelter, we really don't know your situation and the regs/codes etc.. but it is cool that your trying to get it done.
    yeah I don't know why it is so expensive. partly that building codes are different. I know that every house ive ever seen is double brick wall.as opposed to the remnance ive seen on tv after tornados in the US where the house frames are made of wood. never seen that here. other problem is that because nobody does basements, nobody has any experience in doing basements. as soon as it becomes a custom job out of the ordinary they seem to double the price. the builders would rather build 3 standard houses than spend the time and effort of building a one of a kind. there is no shortage of houses being built. Australia didn't go into recession during the GFC.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links