What's in your EDC (Every Day Carry)?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on What's in your EDC (Every Day Carry)? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; This was a thread I assumed would already be here, and maybe I'm just not using the search feature well enough (Admins feel free to ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: What's in your EDC (Every Day Carry)?

This was a thread I assumed would already be here, and maybe I'm just not using the search feature well enough (Admins feel free to move this post if a thread already exists).

What do you wake up every day and tuck in your pockets before leaving home?
    There are a lot of youtube videos out there reviewing gear for people's EDC kit. It ranges from the boring, like what type of wallet people carry, all the way up to some pretty intense Maxpedition carriers that people strap on their belt with a mini survival kit in it.
    For me I tend to keep to items that increase my daily quality of life and help mitigate minor inconveniences or make my day easier. Plus of course there are the big ones for when things really go south.

Here's my list with a brief explanation of why I chose each item:

What's in your EDC (Every Day Carry)?-edc.jpg

CRKT M16-14ZSF - It's a decently cheap pocket knife but it stays pretty sharp and I love the opening mechanism. The little nub catches on your pocket as you draw it and flips it open for you. Also the nubs keep your hand from sliding up onto the blade when it is open.

POWERTAC E5 - I never understood EDC flashlights until this Christmas. I just never thought it would be all that useful, then I got a cheap "tactical" flashlight as a gift. Well not wanting to offend the person that gave it I carried it around for a week and was amazed by how much I actually used it! The cheap one died on me after about 3 weeks of constant use so I found this little gem at a local gun show. So far I've beat the heck out of it and it still holds up great. Also it uses rechargeable 18650 batteries, same as my electronic cigarette, so I always have a few spare charged ones on me if it dies.

GERBER Artifact key chain tool - This thing is a godsend when it comes to keeping your EDC knife in good shape. Think about everything you do with your knife that it isn't made for. You pry things with it, you turn screws with it, and since you cut with it all the time it's never razor sharp when you really need it to be. This thing is a little pry bar with a bottle opener, screw drivers, and a replaceable x-acto blade. I keep a 10-pack of blades in my car and just switch it out whenever I think about it so it's always razor sharp. Instead of keeping my keys on a ring I just stuck a little bolt through the hole and put my keys on the bolt too, with a nut loctited on the back end. It kind of turned my keys into a little swiss army knife and keeps them from jingling in my pocket. The car key is separate depending on which vehicle I'm driving that day. I'm still looking for a way to tuck a $100 bill into something and attach it to this so if I ever lose my wallet I'll still have some emergency cash. Any suggestions?

RUGER SR9 in Wild Bill's concealment IWB holster - The SR9 is the slimmest double stack 9mm on the market and in this holster you barely notice you're wearing it. With a full magazine and 1 in the chamber I've got 18rnds of Federal HST on tap, and the 2 spare mags in my GHB bring that number up to 52. As a side note I just want to point out that when Ruger did the safety recall on this pistol their customer service made me a life long customer. They sent a courier to my house at 7pm because that was what was most convenient for me. I got my pistol back 6 days later with a free spare magazine, a hat, and a t-shirt.

I guess I would suggest everybody try out carrying a flashlight for a week and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. And the Gerber Artifact seems like a no brainer to me since you can get them on amazon for just a couple bucks. What do you guys carry and why? I'm always open to new suggestions.
    sideKahr and Moonshinedave like this.

Wow, that's a nice post.

As for me: phone, knife, gun, flashlight, wallet, and I'm good to go.

Phone, knife, pistol, wallet, spare magazine, watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Taurus 709 Slim on my belt. In a bag tossed behind the seat there are two extra mags, a lock blade, a headlight style flashlight, and one of those little battery packs and the chord so I can charge my phone and tablet if the need arises.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Phone, gerber folder, handgun(one or another, situation dependent), spare mags, 5 days of critical meds.
    Denton likes this.

This is a timely question for me. After the incident in Penn Station I am completely re-evaluating what I carry. I was previously carrying a backpack and could carry all the gear I thought necessary to get out of NYC in an emergency. Note that a normal round trip by train takes me about 1 hour 45 minutes each way. Now I need to get rid of the backpack as I refuse to be searched if I can avoid it, so I need to shrink what I carry. At first I was hoping to get everything that I wanted into my pockets. After consideration that just isn't going to work as I need to carry some water on that long of a commute. The water is heavy and bulky and it really is critical. I'm going to wind up with something much smaller than the backpack slung over one shoulder, primarily for the water, but probably will toss in a few other things as well. I'm not at all sure what I will wind up with when this is done.

I am curious as to anyone else's practice who doesn't use a car to commute and needs to have everything on their person.
    tinkerhell likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    This is a timely question for me. After the incident in Penn Station I am completely re-evaluating what I carry. I was previously carrying a backpack and could carry all the gear I thought necessary to get out of NYC in an emergency. Note that a normal round trip by train takes me about 1 hour 45 minutes each way. Now I need to get rid of the backpack as I refuse to be searched if I can avoid it, so I need to shrink what I carry. At first I was hoping to get everything that I wanted into my pockets. After consideration that just isn't going to work as I need to carry some water on that long of a commute. The water is heavy and bulky and it really is critical. I'm going to wind up with something much smaller than the backpack slung over one shoulder, primarily for the water, but probably will toss in a few other things as well. I'm not at all sure what I will wind up with when this is done.

I am curious as to anyone else's practice who doesn't use a car to commute and needs to have everything on their person.
    Based on principle, it might not be your most favorite solution, but why not create a searchable bag? It will take the pressure off of the items that you might want to put in your pockets.

Keys wallet phone knife. And if I'm headed out where I'll feel the need, my .357 snubby.

What's in your EDC (Every Day Carry)?-weekday.jpg
    What's in your EDC (Every Day Carry)?-weekend.jpg

Tungsten carbide Watch
    Very thin Wallet
    Windows Phone
    Car key
    SOG Twitch (varies often)
    Keys with a work and personal encrypted flashdrives and the incredibly handy Leatherman Squirt

Weekdays:
    Taurus 738 + Extra Mag

Weekends:
    XDs + Extra mag

Occasionally:
    Glock 19, Beretta Nano

90% of the time a NAA mini revolver. The other 10% the mighty boot and I don't have a ccw.
    oops

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links