Groups Or Solo - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Groups Or Solo

This is a discussion on Groups Or Solo within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; You have to know and trust the people you group with. While there is safety in defensive terms, especially in a metropolitan envoronment, as stated ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Groups Or Solo

You have to know and trust the people you group with. While there is safety in defensive terms, especially in a metropolitan envoronment, as stated above, a group will dpend on internal forces and pressuers as well as outside threats. Everyone would have to know thier place and bring something to the table while be willing to do what's good for the groups survival. Can be hard to do if there are a bunch of alpha males. While I would like to have a groups support in a SHTF scenario, especially in the first stages, it would have to be comprised of special trusted people to survive long term. Right now it's the wife and I and maybe a neighbor or two in the biginning, but nothing formal. I would explore group options under the right circumstances with the right people.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 04-02-2015 at 06:43 AM.
    Moonshinedave and Mish like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Benefits to both. Instead of group i would like to think community. Groups are families. Communities are like minded individuals. I would establish a community and a community plan. Your solo get out of dodge plan is for you and yours only. You may have gas. They may may not. You gonna give everyone a few galloms? These are the hard choices. Not giving may mean their death. Or worse. Giving may mean yours.

A community with individuals with like minded goals is more ideal than groups and leaders. If i dont agree with a leader i aint doing it. Period. If a follower dont agree with me i would be ok with that. My leader may not be. So what happens? Communities with basic principals and conduct that are fair. And non threatening. In the end you will have to save your own butt or risk it to save another.
    Hidden Content Wouldn't it be nice.....

Agreed Tactical. Communty is a better option. After all we are social critters. Still, in the end, under the conditions we invision it will come down to the individul in many cases.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

slewfoot, what pissed them off to the degree they stopped talking to you?
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Yep they do seem pretty huffed up. Hopefully a person wasn't caught coveting his neighbors **s or something like that. Try taking them a pan of brownies with pee cans in it. That should soften their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    slewfoot, what pissed them off to the degree they stopped talking to you?
    A little background, My wife retired after 40 years as a nurse with a masters degree she was a director of what they called medsurg, took care of patients that come out of surgery and had to spend time in the hospital.
    The neighbors husband had a small pre cancer removed from his back he had 0ne stitch that's how small it was. !0 days later he went in and the Dr. removed the stitch. At 5 AM the next morning Judy called and woke us up stating that she was concerned about the wound seeping ( ok why wake us, put a damn bandage on it and go back to sleep) any way she wanted my wife to come over and look at it. So she is scrambling around getting dressed and getting ready to walk over when Judy called back and said never mind I am taking him to the walk in clinic, did not set well with my wife. We did not see them the rest of the day. Next day she came over and told my wife that she was not happy with what the clinic did which was put a bandage on it she thought they should put another stitch in it. My wife said to her " Judy you really hurt my feelings basically saying the clinic can do a better job so if I was not good enough yesterday morning I am not good enough today." Judy turned and walked out never to speak to us again. My wife has reached out to her trying to explain her feelings and make amends but Judy refuses to respond. Childish.
    Last edited by slewfoot; 04-02-2015 at 02:24 PM.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.

One stitch...Geeeezzzzz. I have super glued bigger cuts then that. LOL Your better off without that guy and his crybaby antics.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 04-02-2015 at 04:21 PM.
    slewfoot and Arklatex like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    One stitch...Geeeezzzzz. I'm have super glued bigger cuts then that. LOL Your better off without that guy and his crybaby antics.
    Glad this was discovered before a SHTF situation happened.
    Arklatex, Slippy and Prepared One like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyScott View Post
    I am new to the whole prepping community. I have several friends whom Ive found out that are of like mind. Would you think that bugging out in groups and trying to survive in a group deal is best or should it be every man for himself. I know it depends on a lot of stuff, like food amounts, what each person's skills are, and where your located.

Group 95%
    Solo 5%

There are select instances when you want solo, for example if there are possible contageons. More room for drama. Risky situations one persons screwup can kill everyone.

How many controllers does your game system have?

How are you passing time?

Is anyone going to snap?

Not everyone likes living in a barracks.

you should ask yourself, what arrangement will insure the greatest chance of survival?

I suggest the game test. See if any of your buddies freakout when loosing at a game, or if the power goes out while winning. People who freak are potential risks.

If females I suggest the toilet seat test. Leave a toilet seat up and see how long it takes for comments. If comments occur before your prep scenario in time reconsider.

If you fail these tests go solo.

Videos found on this search are things to watch out for in people you are consider grouping with

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=...ut+compilation
    Last edited by Will2; 04-02-2015 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyScott View Post
    I am new to the whole prepping community. I have several friends whom Ive found out that are of like mind. Would you think that bugging out in groups and trying to survive in a group deal is best or should it be every man for himself. I know it depends on a lot of stuff, like food amounts, what each person's skills are, and where your located.
    It is a complex question. Frankly, you can't stay awake 24/7, and you are vulnerable while you sleep. A large enough group to keep up a strong watch is pretty essential, IF you have TRUSTWORTHY people... else, you are going to have to seriously hide if the SHTF and by hide I mean HIDE.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links