Dealing with other survivors. - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dealing with other survivors.

This is a discussion on Dealing with other survivors. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Being a husband to a wife with disabilities and having young children I know it would be extremely difficult to defend the home and the ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Dealing with other survivors.

Being a husband to a wife with disabilities and having young children I know it would be extremely difficult to defend the home and the family against a large group even if the residence is locked down tight and I use some traps I will eventually fall. I have some close friends I grew up with from grade school to group together most single men no children yet. I could not in good faith turn away a women and children even if resources were short because that could be my wife and children if I was to fall. No matter what I would do my best to try and make it work. I know some night say well how many is too much? I could only take in what I can and some may eventually have to get turned away but it would break my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
    Motivated by more than their own self interest is what we want. A man without a family will be more likely to see an isolated farm with lots of renewable supplies, a bunch of people (several of whom are female), plenty of water, weapons, and a small army of guard dogs as something he can take over.

A man with a family will more likely see it as a place where his kids and wife can be safe and have a future, even if he is expected to help work the land.

How we go about it depends on our first few interactions with people. We are the kind of group who would like to take in those who need it. We would like to build a community. But if the first few groups we encounter are hostile, their heads may end up on fence posts.
    Too bad you're not here.

Your kind of stand up ethics have vanished in too many Americans.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links