Dealing with other survivors. - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dealing with other survivors.

This is a discussion on Dealing with other survivors. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Vulture most of us don't WANT to go around killing people, Speak for yourself... I have a LIST...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Dealing with other survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
    most of us don't WANT to go around killing people,
    Speak for yourself... I have a LIST

Let us not make up imaginary worlds in our head and then take up residence. We seem to have enough troubles for today.
    Matthew 6:34
    Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
    1skrewsloose and AquaHull like this.

I live in Suburbia. How I handle people will depend on which stage of SHTF we're in.

During a really violent, anarchy period I would kill anyone trying to force their way into my house or making themselves a threat.

If there was some semblance of community and law of community, I would warn once and shoot next. Any clandestine attacks would be met with extreme force.

During a post-collapse but stable period I would work with my community and determine where to go from there. There are some instances where I would distance myself and remain vaguely hostile, there are other instances where I would volunteer my preps to help out.

The key for me is adaptability. I know people have different levels and abilities of reading people and understanding them but I'm pretty good at reading people at face evaluation and pretty good at "getting along" (something my introverted, quiet, people-averse husband loves, ha!) and the truth is we don't have a singular protocol. It will depend on the situation and the people approaching.

My biggest struggle is reconciling my desire to be ruthless in times of great struggle, with my desire to follow God's law even during bad times. I know I am Biblically allowed to defend mine and my own from ruthless attack but from the suck of the needy but stupid, I am a bit fluxxomed on the moral thing to do when it comes to cutting them off or not come in the first place. I WANT to help my neighbors but I cannot help them if I am dead. With that in mind, I think our ultimate plan is to fly low, destroy threats, and promise and make good (if we survive) to help the community when things stabilize and people are no longer desperate and looting.
    Last edited by tekniq; 04-01-2015 at 06:09 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    Speak for yourself... I have a LIST

So, I'm not the only twisted SOB?

No list here...but that was highly funny..witty etc. We'uns are prepared to share till it runs out. It only seems Christian or something. Now kindly dont present any hypothetical scenarios. Thanks.

If it's me, my family or them and they are a threat, I wouldnt hesitate to pull the trigger. Like others in this group, it wouldn't be the first time.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor - Personal Protection in the Home
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Well dont think any of us would retreat in face of danger to our families. Or hope not anyway. Stranger things have happened in history no doubt. Condolences on the aforesaid previous hammer down on a human event. Very bad old deals for all concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    No list here...but that was highly funny..witty etc. We'uns are prepared to share till it runs out. It only seems Christian or something. Now kindly dont present any hypothetical scenarios. Thanks.
    We will share also.. however we are not going to be giving folks EVERYTHING... And I am betting some folks that visit might get sick of peanut butter sandwiches

We will not let people go hungry but we are not going to be providing 4 course meals

Thats why I have to hide the baloney and ice cream when the little skillet lickers come for a visit. lol
    Charles Martel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Well dont think any of us would retreat in face of danger to our families. Or hope not anyway. Stranger things have happened in history no doubt...
    Have you noticed Obama's treatment of the bad guys out there compared to how he's treating the US.
    Oh Yah, that's right. just more proof he's not family or countryman.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links