Where to begin as a new prepper - Page 13
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Where to begin as a new prepper

This is a discussion on Where to begin as a new prepper within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by The Tourist Obviously "the computer" is not my forte' obviously. I had trouble posting a comment, the "machine" tossed its cookies and ...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Where to begin as a new prepper

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Obviously "the computer" is not my forte' obviously. I had trouble posting a comment, the "machine" tossed its cookies and it took me 20 minutes to get back to here!
    BTW, I still have this issue with authority. But for some reason, I like Denton...
    Michael_Js and bigwheel like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Ha ha love it!

Well, experience has taught me that you should post regularly, If you disappear from the forum for six or thirty months they forget your name.

Actually, I took the time off, and got back to my first love, polishing. What did I miss?

BTW, I'm a changed man. I am now 70 years old. Went to the gym like always, and found I could only press three sets of 275 pounds--and the last lift was a "mercy lift" from a spotter.

As for humor, yeah, I joke around a bit, but yikes--have you sampled other forums? I've seen better banter at funerals. If I want a good night's sleep I send a text to a moderator...

So, have no fear. I want to meet people, hear stories new to me, and find out what I missed. I know I'll swap some recipes with Annie...
    Good to see you back, Tourist!
    Liberty Lady likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

BTW, I still have this issue with authority. But for some reason, I like Denton...
    How does a person learn to like a Jack Booted thug? Does he give free knives out to those who admire Jack the Ripper maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    How does a person learn to like a Jack Booted thug? Does he give free knives out to those who admire Jack the Ripper maybe?
    Well, this is a forum. From time to time we are going to disagree. To that, Denton has a job to do, and my guess is that some times he signs out with a knot in his stomach. I don't want to do that simply because there's a disagreement in a hobbyist forum.

If Denton feels I crossed a line, I wouldn't be angry. I'd be embarrassed.
    inceptor likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Well, this is a forum. From time to time we are going to disagree. To that, Denton has a job to do, and my guess is that some times he signs out with a knot in his stomach. I don't want to do that simply because there's a disagreement in a hobbyist forum.

There you go again! A hobbyist forum!!!!!!

How do you equate this place into a hobbyist forum????????????

I have been at this for 40+ years, my driving force was and is to survive whatever I could, have, and what may well now be coming.

This COVID19 bug was just a little bump in the road for us here because of the preps, lacked nothing.

That statement to me is an insult, I am sure it is to others also,

and you used it in your parting statement before leaving us for a more receptive forum.

My hobbies are, hematology, biology, amateur radio and cooking, nowhere does this survival preparation dovetail in as a hobby.

Flying was a hobby that turned into a profession for 10 years, that I had to drop out of.

I am a student of history, mostly of WW2, and the evolution of the US into a industrial giant in the 30's, not a hobby to me.

I am sure you will remember that I corrected you in a statement relative to a "U" boat on the great lakes, that is from my studies.

Saving your life may be a hobby to you, but not to me or others here.

I am here for several reasons, I do not need to be here for any survival information.

The two prime reasons I am here are, to help others with information I have garnered over the decades, second reason is,

To keep a finger on the pulse of the nation as others see it where they live, those that think like most of us do here.

I do not need this forum in any way, certainly not as a hobby.

I work on guns for a profession, that was a hobby 60 years ago that turned into a profession, I give advice here on them also.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 09-05-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Super Moderator

I agree about Denton and all of our current mods. I wouldn't have that job.

But survival is a hobby??? REALLY???

Frankly, being a part of the terrified masses doesn't appeal to me. Others were screaming about empty shelves when the panic hit. My wife just said good job.
    bigwheel, SOCOM42 and Denton like this.

I wouldn't say it is an obsession... more like scratching an itch in the back of your mind.. for me anyhow.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Well all this lively discussion go me motivated to to get a couple of kitchen knives sharpened up in case we get a chub of baloney in one day and need to slice a sandwich..spread some mayo and slice and onion. Thats why I always carried a Kamp King in my days as a traveling salesmen. We could eat in the motel room. There ya go.
    Denton and Michael_Js like this.

Great... Nice

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Sponsored Links