Where to begin as a new prepper - Page 12
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Where to begin as a new prepper

This is a discussion on Where to begin as a new prepper within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; i started with water supply, and then move to food inventory...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 130
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Where to begin as a new prepper

  1. #111
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4
    i started with water supply, and then move to food inventory

  2. #112
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    148
    Water, food, sanitation, medical supplies commensurate with your training / skills. The usual battery operated flashlights, headlamps, radios. Keep the fuel tank in your vehicle over half full at all times. A Glock (or similar) with training, holster and a bit of Ammo. This will get you started. Good luck. aa


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

  3. #113
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2
    Make a plan and make sure to include everyone in your household, including pets. Water storage is a big concern, because you can't live without water for more than a couple of days. You can get a few 50 gallon barrels and fill them up. They're pretty cheap when you get them used. Also, make sure you have other essential items, like medication. Try to get a 90 day supply so you have them available.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #114
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5
    My recommendation is to study the basics first. Security(online, and home security, self-defense, etc), what to purchase(first aid kits, knives, etc), and knowledge(statistics, to get a feel of how much prepping is necessary).

    After that, you should always strive to learn more information, get more supplies(canned food, flashlights, lighters, etc) so you can be more prepared and secured for more and more things for your area(hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, riots, fires, etc).

  6. #115
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiel View Post
    My recommendation is to study the basics first. Security(online, and home security, self-defense, etc), what to purchase(first aid kits, knives, etc), and knowledge(statistics, to get a feel of how much prepping is necessary).

    After that, you should always strive to learn more information, get more supplies(canned food, flashlights, lighters, etc) so you can be more prepared and secured for more and more things for your area(hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, riots, fires, etc).
    That’s it, jerk-face! Go to the introduction sub forum and introduce yourself. Looks like you are going there be a great member and you have an obligation to give us a chance to welcome, mock and ridicule you in a thread that is dedicated to you!!
    hawgrider likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  7. #116
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,316
    Well, experience has taught me that you should post regularly, If you disappear from the forum for six or thirty months they forget your name.

    Actually, I took the time off, and got back to my first love, polishing. What did I miss?

    BTW, I'm a changed man. I am now 70 years old. Went to the gym like always, and found I could only press three sets of 275 pounds--and the last lift was a "mercy lift" from a spotter.

    As for humor, yeah, I joke around a bit, but yikes--have you sampled other forums? I've seen better banter at funerals. If I want a good night's sleep I send a text to a moderator...

    So, have no fear. I want to meet people, hear stories new to me, and find out what I missed. I know I'll swap some recipes with Annie...
    Last edited by The Tourist; 09-02-2020 at 07:09 PM.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

  8. #117
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    20,747
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Well, experience has taught me that you should post regularly, If you disappear from the forum for six or thirty months they forget your name.

    Actually, I took the time off, and got back to my first love, polishing. What did I miss?

    BTW, I'm a changed man. I am now 70 years old. Went to the gym like always, and found I could only press three sets of 275 pounds--and the last lift was a "mercy lift" from a spotter.

    As for humor, yeah, I joke around a bit, but yikes--have you sampled other forums? I've seen better banter at funerals. If I want a good night's sleep I send a text to a moderator...

    So, have no fear. I want to meet people, hear stories new to me, and find out what I missed. I know I'll swap some recipes with Annie...
    Good to see you here
    SGG likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

  9. #118
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Good to see you here
    Glad to be seen. Had a complete physical today, and like the men in my family, it looks like I'll hit my 90s. Funny, but we all switched over from beer to orange juice in our early 20s.

    I'm still polishing steel and it never seems to bore me. Heck, my wife got a little folder for 22 bucks, and now it could do surgery. Ask Denton, if you can't see your face in my bevels I'm having a bad day...
    Smitty901 likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

  10. #119
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    20,747
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Glad to be seen. Had a complete physical today, and like the men in my family, it looks like I'll hit my 90s. Funny, but we all switched over from beer to orange juice in our early 20s.

    I'm still polishing steel and it never seems to bore me. Heck, my wife got a little folder for 22 bucks, and now it could do surgery. Ask Denton, if you can't see your face in my bevels I'm having a bad day...
    When your are good at some thing and enjoy it keep going. You can always quit another day if it is no fun anymore.
    stevekozak likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

  11. #120
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    When your are good at some thing and enjoy it keep going. You can always quit another day if it is no fun anymore.
    Obviously "the computer" is not my forte' obviously. I had trouble posting a comment, the "machine" tossed its cookies and it took me 20 minutes to get back to here!
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

 

 
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Where Do I Begin in my food prep?
    By imcoco in forum Food, Health and Fitness Survival
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-08-2015, 04:43 PM
  2. Where to begin...
    By Murphy in forum General Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-17-2014, 11:31 PM
  3. Let the Run for the Bunkers Begin!
    By TJC44 in forum UFO's, Zombies, 2012, Aliens, Mayan, End of the World, Apocalypse
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 05:39 PM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 10:10 AM

Search tags for this page

12 gauge booby trap for sale
,

https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/general-prepper-survival-talk/14970-where-begin-new-prepper-new-post.html

,
https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14970&goto=newpost
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Back to Top