Where to begin as a new prepper - Page 12
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Where to begin as a new prepper

This is a discussion on Where to begin as a new prepper within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; i started with water supply, and then move to food inventory...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Where to begin as a new prepper

i started with water supply, and then move to food inventory

Water, food, sanitation, medical supplies commensurate with your training / skills. The usual battery operated flashlights, headlamps, radios. Keep the fuel tank in your vehicle over half full at all times. A Glock (or similar) with training, holster and a bit of Ammo. This will get you started. Good luck. aa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Make a plan and make sure to include everyone in your household, including pets. Water storage is a big concern, because you can't live without water for more than a couple of days. You can get a few 50 gallon barrels and fill them up. They're pretty cheap when you get them used. Also, make sure you have other essential items, like medication. Try to get a 90 day supply so you have them available.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

My recommendation is to study the basics first. Security(online, and home security, self-defense, etc), what to purchase(first aid kits, knives, etc), and knowledge(statistics, to get a feel of how much prepping is necessary).

After that, you should always strive to learn more information, get more supplies(canned food, flashlights, lighters, etc) so you can be more prepared and secured for more and more things for your area(hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, riots, fires, etc).

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Defiel View Post
    My recommendation is to study the basics first. Security(online, and home security, self-defense, etc), what to purchase(first aid kits, knives, etc), and knowledge(statistics, to get a feel of how much prepping is necessary).

After that, you should always strive to learn more information, get more supplies(canned food, flashlights, lighters, etc) so you can be more prepared and secured for more and more things for your area(hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, riots, fires, etc).
    That’s it, jerk-face! Go to the introduction sub forum and introduce yourself. Looks like you are going there be a great member and you have an obligation to give us a chance to welcome, mock and ridicule you in a thread that is dedicated to you!!
    hawgrider likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Well, experience has taught me that you should post regularly, If you disappear from the forum for six or thirty months they forget your name.

Actually, I took the time off, and got back to my first love, polishing. What did I miss?

BTW, I'm a changed man. I am now 70 years old. Went to the gym like always, and found I could only press three sets of 275 pounds--and the last lift was a "mercy lift" from a spotter.

As for humor, yeah, I joke around a bit, but yikes--have you sampled other forums? I've seen better banter at funerals. If I want a good night's sleep I send a text to a moderator...

So, have no fear. I want to meet people, hear stories new to me, and find out what I missed. I know I'll swap some recipes with Annie...
    Last edited by The Tourist; 09-02-2020 at 07:09 PM.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Well, experience has taught me that you should post regularly, If you disappear from the forum for six or thirty months they forget your name.

Actually, I took the time off, and got back to my first love, polishing. What did I miss?

BTW, I'm a changed man. I am now 70 years old. Went to the gym like always, and found I could only press three sets of 275 pounds--and the last lift was a "mercy lift" from a spotter.

As for humor, yeah, I joke around a bit, but yikes--have you sampled other forums? I've seen better banter at funerals. If I want a good night's sleep I send a text to a moderator...

So, have no fear. I want to meet people, hear stories new to me, and find out what I missed. I know I'll swap some recipes with Annie...
    Good to see you here
    SGG likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Good to see you here
    Glad to be seen. Had a complete physical today, and like the men in my family, it looks like I'll hit my 90s. Funny, but we all switched over from beer to orange juice in our early 20s.

I'm still polishing steel and it never seems to bore me. Heck, my wife got a little folder for 22 bucks, and now it could do surgery. Ask Denton, if you can't see your face in my bevels I'm having a bad day...
    Smitty901 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Glad to be seen. Had a complete physical today, and like the men in my family, it looks like I'll hit my 90s. Funny, but we all switched over from beer to orange juice in our early 20s.

I'm still polishing steel and it never seems to bore me. Heck, my wife got a little folder for 22 bucks, and now it could do surgery. Ask Denton, if you can't see your face in my bevels I'm having a bad day...
    When your are good at some thing and enjoy it keep going. You can always quit another day if it is no fun anymore.
    stevekozak likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    When your are good at some thing and enjoy it keep going. You can always quit another day if it is no fun anymore.
    Obviously "the computer" is not my forte' obviously. I had trouble posting a comment, the "machine" tossed its cookies and it took me 20 minutes to get back to here!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Sponsored Links