Where to begin as a new prepper - Page 11
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Where to begin as a new prepper

This is a discussion on Where to begin as a new prepper within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Here are some links to some threads that I made. They may have been already posted. If so then ignore. Some will be medical in ...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Where to begin as a new prepper

A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Getting Ready

Make sure to ready up and stay informed. Keep up with what is happening in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mattKleinberg1982 View Post
    Make sure to ready up and stay informed. Keep up with what is happening in the world.
    Sounds like your a aiming to be one of those wanna be prepper types, huh?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

As a prepper for almost 20 years, I'd say the first step has to be knowing what SHTF scenarios you might face. Off the top of my head, I can think of at least 10 distinct SHTF and near-SHTF situations that are currently very possible, and many levels of severity within each of those.

You can't effectively prep if you're not clear what you're prepping for, and if you don't vividly imagine yourself and your family in those situations. That requires a lot of constructive daydreaming.

A good place to start is by reading alternative news and "conspiracy" websites and forums. You'll get a lot of ideas about what can happen there. A lot of preppers have their favorite scenarios, but try to prep for all of the ones you consider possible, focusing on things and skills you generally need. As other members have pointed out, things like food, water, health, shelter, etc. are common needs in most scenarios. Similarly, certain skills like first-aid, gardening, firearms training, etc. are also important to have in most scenarios.
    Last edited by TGus; 01-20-2018 at 08:33 AM.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.

Super Moderator

OMG Gus, 10 distinct SHTF situations... which one should I Prep for? I prefer to prep for the end of the world, a nice bottle of bourbon, and the last of my ice cubes, and be content that you are safe somewhere.

Rancher
    SGG and StratMaster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    HERESY!!!! I'm tellin' the gov on you!

Whoops, don't want to scare the newbies, my bad.

Water, water water........and more water. Buy it, store it, find ways to collect it! Also learn to use what you already have (water heater, toilet tank, pool) and find ways to purify/preserve it.

Also jump into those medical supplies. Been thinking about it lately and a toothache isn't a big deal but during emergency/SHTF its gonna be a pain in the tooth (you thought I was going to say ass). Infection is bad, m'kay!
    Water water water YES!
    Of course, I have had to remind some newbies that rainwater collected from your roof system is not potable. An invitation to visit my rooftop - where they get to see for themselves the copious amounts of raccoon and bird crap that water will flow through before it gets to their rain barrel - gets the point across LOL.
    Sasquatch likes this.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Sponsored Links