Prepper Challenges: #2 Tampon Use Plug It! - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Prepper Challenges: #2 Tampon Use Plug It!

This is a discussion on Prepper Challenges: #2 Tampon Use Plug It! within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by A Watchman Surely ..... you know a little sumpin' about sumpin' else? Not sure how much but I guess I know other ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Prepper Challenges: #2 Tampon Use Plug It!

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Surely ..... you know a little sumpin' about sumpin' else?
    Not sure how much but I guess I know other stuff. I'll do an intro later. 😀

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    A Watchman likes this.

Over the years I purchased a great deal of these to store... dirt cheap at dollar stores and other deep discount shops. Not only to have them on hand for the women in my family, but as a GREAT barter item.

Here are a few things you want to know to survive for the long term. I have been around for 70+ years. Am a Vietnam Vet and have lived off the land for several years+. 1. Learn to grow and can your own veggies and fruits. That will save you lots of money and they will keep for a long time. It doesn't take much room to grow veggies or fruit and you will know what does goes on them and what doesn't. 2. Learn to hunt and clean your own game then process it and freeze it or can it. 3. Learn how to make clean drinking water from salt water or pond water. Any water for that matter. 4. Learn about medicinal herbs and how to make and use them. 5.Most survival items for sale on the web are not needed because you can make most of them yourself. 6. Learn how to make wines and meads, they come in very handy for barter items. 7. Toilet paper is an item to buy and store and a lot of it. It goes faster than you think , or you can make your own from clean rags, just make sure to wash them in detergent and rinse well to reuse. 8. This one is the most important and it will get you killed if your hesitate. Protecting your family and you and imperitive. If you hesitate even one second in using your firearm against another person, you won't live to tell about. If armed marauders are coming toward you, it is not to socialize. In a lawless society, shoot first.
    These are only a few things you should know to survive. Make no mistakes about it. In a survival situation, people revert to whatever means they can to survive. Be ready.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalCanuck View Post
    Girl at work (a super sweet girl) was over for some analytics and took interest in my EDC when she saw my solar charged 10000mah battery at work charging up from ambient light and asked what else I had in handy little bag. When I got to the tampon she was positive I was most thoughtful and prepared guy she'd ever met. When I explained to her my fire steel could light it up I could plug wounds or unroll for a pad use it to filter etc etc she was certain I was like forest gump Kinda smart.

Momma said life is like a box a tampons. You never know what they're gonna be inside.
    Donít use tampons for medical purposes. They are horrible for plugging gunshot wounds. Sure it works kind of like a cork, but properly packing a wound channel can take 3 or more feet of gauze. You arenít doing anything meaningful with a tampon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jdbushcraft View Post
    Donít use tampons for medical purposes. They are horrible for plugging gunshot wounds. Sure it works kind of like a cork, but properly packing a wound channel can take 3 or more feet of gauze. You arenít doing anything meaningful with a tampon.

If your choices are using a tampon and watching someone bleed out for lack of anything else, I got a dollar that says you'll use the tampon.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    ...I got a dollar that says you'll use the tampon.
    Wish I had a dollar for every time I said that...

If your choices are using a tampon and watching someone bleed out for lack of anything else, I got a dollar that says you'll use the tampon.
    I bet you would lose a dollar. Iíd use a shirt or a t-shirt or a strip cut from my pants or wow! Real gauze! Very rarely am I out and about nude carrying a tampon.

Slippy likes this.

I bet you would lose a dollar. Iíd use a shirt or a t-shirt or a strip cut from my pants or wow! Real gauze! Very rarely am I out and about nude carrying a tampon.

So your think bacteria-filled, germ-laden sweaty, dirty, stinky laundry is better than a new, clean tampon? Next you'll tell us to use leeches to cure the inevitable infection.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

So your think bacteria-filled, germ-laden sweaty, dirty, stinky laundry is better than a new, clean tampon? Next you'll tell us to use leeches to cure the inevitable infection.
    Sorry. Had to drive home but was hoping you would go there. YES! Stopping bleeding is priority after airway. Infection can be treated later.
    Some basics. Putting a tampon in the surface of a wound channel is not stopping bleeding. It may be keeping them from bleeding on the floor but they are still bleeding. Tampons are designed to absorb menstrual fluid. That is not blood. It is mucus and blood filled uterine lining. Gauze or other packing fills the channel and absorbs blood. It presses against the bleeding surfaces and promotes clotting, which stops or drastically slows bleeding. Sticking a small plug in the hole does nothing helpful unless you are the janitor.

Last edited by jdbushcraft; 09-11-2019 at 08:06 PM.

...Very rarely am I out and about nude carrying a tampon.

There was this one time...

It makes me giggle so I'll have to ask @Mish to finish this story...
    jdbushcraft and Prepared One like this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links