Resurgence in c.b. radio use
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Resurgence in c.b. radio use within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; So I have talked to a few new to the c.b. game people in the last week. So I called a c.b. shop I had ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Resurgence in c.b. radio use

So I have talked to a few new to the c.b. game people in the last week. So I called a c.b. shop I had spent some money at years ago. They were still open. I asked them about some different equipment, he told me they are nearly sold out of everything
    Hemi45 likes this.

CB was really big in the 1980’s, and I know a woman who was still at it, in the year 2000 AD.
    And I think that ham radio will explode in use.
    People need a way to communicate, that is not smothered by cencership.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am at chapter 3.3. And I at chapter 3 of Crime And Punishment. I am moving like a snail, because of myriad of ailments, but I am moving.

The Good Cop

i've had a CB in my pickup since the 70's.
    I wouldn't go on a road trip without it, and paper road maps.

The one I've had the last 15 years is a Galaxy 40 channel.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    i've had a CB in my pickup since the 70's.
    I wouldn't go on a road trip without it, and paper road maps.

The one I've had the last 15 years is a Galaxy 40 channel.
    It was CB that got me into ham radio. We were on a road trip, early 90's. We had an E-350 conversion van and I had the CB for typical road use. The more we listened, the more pissed she got. She hated the static and really hated the language. Long story short, the CB was ripped out of the mount and tossed to the back never to be installed again. I was telling my dive buddy about this later and he suggested ham radio. He had been into ham for many years and got me interested. It's been ham ever since.
    Last edited by inceptor; 01-13-2021 at 02:04 AM. Reason: model correction.. F-150 on the brain
    soyer38301 likes this.

Super Moderator

Had a CB in my first truck and loved it. After that they sorta became obsolete. I'd love to see a return of them.

Look at the antenna on this Trans Am.

First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Used them all the time driving semi. Very handy tool that saved a lot of time and aggravation. Avoiding traffic, accidents, road construction and finding directions etc. Only problem was the idiots using them for entertainment blocking the channels.
    inceptor likes this.
    That which doesn't kill me had better start running.

Sales are up, or supply is down?
    SGG likes this.
    My New Years' Resolution is 240p.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Had a CB in my first truck and loved it. After that they sorta became obsolete. I'd love to see a return of them.

Look at the antenna on this Trans Am.

Who didn't grow up wanting a Trans Am like that, not to mention Sally Field for a girl friend???
    Michael_Js likes this.
    Romans 10:9 KJV
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I got caught in an ice storm in New Mexico, I40 did not move for 3 days. First thing I did was buy a CB even though I was a amateur radio operator. On road conditions the truckers are the first to know. Now I am retired and still want a CB for road trips even with my ham gear. de KA5SIW
    inceptor likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Used them all the time driving semi. Very handy tool that saved a lot of time and aggravation. Avoiding traffic, accidents, road construction and finding directions etc. Only problem was the idiots using them for entertainment blocking the channels.
    It was the idiots that got me in trouble with my wife.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links