Shutting Down Amazon
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Shutting Down Amazon

This is a discussion on Shutting Down Amazon within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I'm not buying anything on Amazon ever again. I didn't buy much there to begin with, but now they will have none of my business. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Shutting Down Amazon

Shutting Down Amazon

I'm not buying anything on Amazon ever again. I didn't buy much there to begin with, but now they will have none of my business.

Everyone who believes in Freedom should boycott that POS. Don't buy from there, and don't sell on there either. Let them feel the blackout as well.
    Last edited by smokeyquartz; 01-11-2021 at 07:16 PM.
    All misspellings and name changes are intentional because online surveillance is conducted through keyword searches by WebCrawlers.

I am with ya. I have one last birthday order coming in. Once done, I am canceling... Netflix is already gone.
    Soon, big tech will own the ISPs and shut you down that way too.
    I just listened to Dan Bonginos show, and he has a miserable weekend with being shut down (part owner of Prler) via AWS (amazon) and many other companys leaving them high and dry, including their own lawyers..
    MountainGirl likes this.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Jeff will be sad to see you go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shutting Down Amazon-88a7c388-32f4-47e4-a4c2-5efbec3840d9.jpeg  

Sasquatch likes this.
    “ You lying dog face pony soldier”
    JB VP

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

One thing I learned about amazon is, they arent the cheapest on prices. They are very convenient. Search for an item, then go to the manufactures site and see if the deal is cheaper, and with fast shipping. You will be surprised. Not always, but due diligence is needed..
    inceptor and Slippy like this.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Last 3 things wifey ordered got lost in the mail. Wifey now works from home so somebody is here 24 hours a day. Yet post office still claims we accepted delivery. What's the point of throwing money away??

Plus I can see in the snow that nobody stopped at the house or mail box, for days.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    That which doesn't kill me had better start running.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Last 3 things wifey ordered got lost in the mail. Wifey now works from home so somebody is here 24 hours a day. Yet post office still claims we accepted delivery. What's the point of throwing money away??

Plus I can see in the snow that nobody stopped at the house or mail box, for days.
    Amazon Prime ships to us UPS or FedEx. Can't "get lost".
    They must do great business. Two years ago they built a huge "fulfilment center" in Jacksonville that employs thousands of people. in 2020 they built another.
    Above local average wage to start, vacation, sick days, health care, all begin on the first day of work.

Starting several years ago, we got toilet paper and paper towels, by the case, every month on what they call auto fill. No need to order once you tell them how much to ship, it just automatically comes.
    The Great Toiloet Paper Shortage of 2020? Had many, many cases out in the hay shed.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 01-11-2021 at 09:25 PM.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Amazon Prime ships to us UPS or FedEx. Can't "get lost".
    They must do great business. Two years ago they built a huge "fulfilment center" in Jacksonville that employs thousands of people. in 2020 they built another.
    Above local average wage to start, vacation, sick days, health care, all begin on the first day of work.

Starting several years ago, we got toilet paper and paper towels, by the case, every month on what they call auto fill. No need to order once you tell them how much to ship, it just automatically comes.
    The Great Toiloet Paper Shortage of 2020? Had many, many cases out in the hay shed.
    Amazon is a huge employer here also.

I can tell you that amazon also ships USPS and, in my area at least, they are not the most reliable.

Not hard to see why we lose. people will not give up what is easy and they see a cheap. No madder what it cost them in the end.
    Slippy and stevekozak like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

We have lost so many retailers here locally that it is virtually impossible to buy many items without going mail order. Sears, Pennys, Gander Mountain, Bed bath and beyond, and many others are all gone. I can’t buy Levi jeans or Carhartt locally at all. I buy as much as possible local, but it’s getting harder and harder.
    Slippy likes this.

I really find it scary how big corporations (very much includes the media), can actually direct where they want a nation to go.
    If they can control what the public reads and see.....it's no different than the way China do their own propaganda towards their population!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links