Shutting Down Amazon - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Shutting Down Amazon

This is a discussion on Shutting Down Amazon within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy Amazon Prime ships to us UPS or FedEx. Can't "get lost". Amazon has a fleet of vans here, and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Shutting Down Amazon

  1. #11
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Pete Florida
    Posts
    3,528
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Amazon Prime ships to us UPS or FedEx. Can't "get lost".
    Amazon has a fleet of vans here, and I guess they are for Prime customers. But I see them pretty often, they are Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans.

    And Amazon bought a fleet of box trucks too, they are going around UPS and FedEx. They are building a private fleet for preferred customers.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 01-12-2021 at 06:49 AM. Reason: I am trying to align the text, it keeps going to a center justify.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am at chapter 3.3. And I at chapter 3 of Crime And Punishment. I am moving like a snail, because of myriad of ailments, but I am moving.

  2. #12
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    West WI
    Posts
    5,941
    Only reason we had to use them is the local stores don't have what we need/want. Everything around here we have to order, nothing in stock. It's quicker and cheaper to order through amazon then pay the mark up. If the stuff shows up.
    Chiefster23 likes this.
    That which doesn't kill me had better start running.

  3. #13
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,434
    ........
    Last edited by stevekozak; 01-12-2021 at 06:06 AM. Reason: didn't have the right qoutes

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Not hard to see why we lose. people will not give up what is easy and they see a cheap. No madder what it cost them in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    We have lost so many retailers here locally that it is virtually impossible to buy many items without going mail order. Sears, Pennys, Gander Mountain, Bed bath and beyond, and many others are all gone. I can’t buy Levi jeans or Carhartt locally at all. I buy as much as possible local, but it’s getting harder and harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Only reason we had to use them is the local stores don't have what we need/want. Everything around here we have to order, nothing in stock. It's quicker and cheaper to order through amazon then pay the mark up. If the stuff shows up.
    Nuff said.....

  6. #15
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    Nuff said.....
    Your point?

  7. #16
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Your point?
    Are you kidding?

  8. #17
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    Are you kidding?
    No. Not kidding

  9. #18
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    No. Not kidding
    Then reread this thread. Reread the Alternative to Amazon thread. Reread the To Hell With This Just Quit Using Apps thread. If you don't get the point after that, I don't think I would be able to explain the point to you. I was serious when I asked you if you were kidding.

  10. #19
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    Then reread this thread. Reread the Alternative to Amazon thread. Reread the To Hell With This Just Quit Using Apps thread. If you don't get the point after that, I don't think I would be able to explain the point to you. I was serious when I asked you if you were kidding.
    And I’m serious too. Did you not see where I said that many items are simply not available in my area? So if I want or need a certain item, I must use mail order. The two biggies are amazon and walmart. Sometimes it is possible to order from a manufacturer or independent retailer, but not always. So what’s your point? Anyone who uses walmart or amazon should be tarred and feathered? If you are able to live your life without using amazon, good for you! You are in a fortunate situation. Some of us are not so fortunate.

  11. #20
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    And I’m serious too. Did you not see where I said that many items are simply not available in my area? So if I want or need a certain item, I must use mail order. The two biggies are amazon and walmart. Sometimes it is possible to order from a manufacturer or independent retailer, but not always. So what’s your point? Anyone who uses walmart or amazon should be tarred and feathered? If you are able to live your life without using amazon, good for you! You are in a fortunate situation. Some of us are not so fortunate.
    I'm going to step away for a couple of days. Either my perspective has become warped or the community is in more trouble than I thought. God Bless.
    SGG likes this.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top