Alternative to Amazon?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alternative to Amazon?

This is a discussion on Alternative to Amazon? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; What are some alternatives to Amazon?...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Alternative to Amazon?

Alternative to Amazon?

What are some alternatives to Amazon?

Super Moderator

Walmart.com
    jimb1972 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteredstate View Post
    What are some alternatives to Amazon?
    [Anything other than Amazon].com

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

There used to be this cool thing you could do, where you got off your furniture, got in your means of conveyance (sometimes shanks-mare)transported yourself down to a shop/store/business, and purchased items of value from the proprietors. It was a short-lived system, to be sure. The concept only lasted a few thousand years. Thank God Amazon came along...

There are a few of these alternative tech companies that rely on the big boys for the infrastructure. Not good planning if you ask me. Might be cheaper in the short run but this is what happens.

IMHO I think it is a combination of competition and censorship. But the competitor (twitter) aksed Amazon to boot them. So more censor tha competition since parlor doew not compete with Amazon...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by soyer38301; 01-11-2021 at 09:31 AM.
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

I must confess, Jeff Bezo's got me hooked. Amazon is just too darned convenient. I get movies, exercise videos, music, "free" shipping and returns at great prices. It makes Christmas shopping sooo much easier. I don't have to leave my house. Ever. I mean it. For the rest my life (besides church, doctors appts and the range.) I don't think the Jeffster can do anything about those places yet. Plus they give a small % to my fave charity.
    Denton and Hemi45 like this.
    "Confusion is the guardian of truth."--Vincent Frankini, Tumblar House

Super Moderator

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Quote Originally Posted by danben View Post
    [Anything other than Amazon].com
    This ^^^^^
    Denton likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    There used to be this cool thing you could do, where you got off your furniture, got in your means of conveyance (sometimes shanks-mare)transported yourself down to a shop/store/business, and purchased items of value from the proprietors. It was a short-lived system, to be sure. The concept only lasted a few thousand years. Thank God Amazon came along...
    Emphasis on USED TO BE.
    NMPRN, Denton and Buttoni like this.
    “Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."

Benjamin Franklin

Super Moderator

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I must confess, Jeff Bezo's got me hooked. Amazon is just too darned convenient. I get movies, exercise videos, music, "free" shipping and returns at great prices. It makes Christmas shopping sooo much easier. I don't have to leave my house. Ever. I mean it. For the rest my life (besides church, doctors appts and the range.) I don't think the Jeffster can do anything about those places yet. Plus they give a small % to my fave charity.
    I sure cannot disagree with you. Amazon has made it so easy and yes, they give to one of my charities. Shopping is simple, quick and returns are a breeze. Movies and books galore too.

But that’s over. Period.

Over dinner I mentioned to my wife that I’d treat amazon like any other vendor. If they have a better price I’d buy from them... that didn’t go over so well. I got “the look”. Needless to say, we will not be using them for anything.

As an example I ordered the portable radio with HAM frequencies direct from the vendor instead of Amazon. I paid a few bucks more in shipping but it wasn’t amazon.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

As much as I hate pushing Walmart they have free 2 day shipping and great return policies also. I did most of my Xmas shopping on Walmart.com.
    Piratesailor, Denton and jimb1972 like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links