Alternative to Amazon? - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alternative to Amazon?

This is a discussion on Alternative to Amazon? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Piratesailor As slippy said, you need to make the choice for your family. The bottom line is this. No matter who you ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Alternative to Amazon?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    As slippy said, you need to make the choice for your family.

The bottom line is this. No matter who you chose or don’t chose; who you delete or don’t delete; corporate America, the big guys, have more power and control over how our country operates, how we are “suppose to think” and politicians that’s it is now almost impossible to completely disengage from them. At some point you’ll buy from them despite beliefs.

In the book “Covid-19 and the great reset” this is described in detail and suggests that it will be expanded. Corporate America will join with goverments (it’s called public/private initiatives) and will dictated how Americans behave (masks, covid passports to shop or fly, etc)
    Yeah, China has already worked out the kinks in that plan so they have a good model to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As much as I hate pushing Walmart they have free 2 day shipping and great return policies also. I did most of my Xmas shopping on Walmart.com.

I am in rural south dakota and Walmart delivers everything to my door in 2 days with free shipping.

I pay Amazon for a prime membership and they cannot get ANYTHING to me in less than 7 days.
    Screw Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv View Post
    I am in rural south dakota and Walmart delivers everything to my door in 2 days with free shipping.

I pay Amazon for a prime membership and they cannot get ANYTHING to me in less than 7 days.
    Screw Amazon.
    Nice 1st post...Check out the new member introductions!!

Peace,
    Michael J.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As much as I hate pushing Walmart they have free 2 day shipping and great return policies also. I did most of my Xmas shopping on Walmart.com.

Screw Amazon.
    Well that alone should be reason enough to cancel your prime membership. I've never paid for prime but have always had it anyway. As long as you buy things they just keep extending your free membership. If enough people would actually stop using Amazon that it would actually hurt them I would happily cancel my free membership and never buy anything from them ever again.

How did you get your Prime membership free if I can ask?
    “Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."

Benjamin Franklin

Here is my take on Amazon. Convenience is key. Price, not always the best.
    What I do is price what I am looking for, then actually go to that companys site, and see if their price is the same including shipping. I find this to be the case.
    Walmart usually is competitive or , I am able to go to the store and curb side pick up.
    Choices, lots fo choices. But convenience is one.
    I hate how they keep lists on your purchases. I shut down advertisements as much as possible, but knowing they have lists on history, recommendations etc bothers me. Just me, I dont like lists.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    How did you get your Prime membership free if I can ask?
    They offered me a free 1 month membership. At the end of it when I went to cancel it they extended it for another month. After that they extended it for 2 months, etc. A couple times it did actually run out but by the time I went to buy something from them again they would offer me a free membership again. The one I'm on now I've had for over a year for free.
    Robie likes this.

Years and years ago, I started getting Playboy magazine for free. It came every month for probably 8 years.
    I called (before internet) and asked them if it was a gift someone kept renewing. They said no, they screwed up. I continued getting it for another year or so.
    “Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."

Benjamin Franklin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links