Prepping
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Prepping

This is a discussion on Prepping within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Letís get back to it. We all have some sort of preps for a variety of scenarios but letís talk about preps for today... now. ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Prepping

Super Moderator

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande

Prepping

Letís get back to it.

We all have some sort of preps for a variety of scenarios but letís talk about preps for today... now.

I have always prepped based on a risk matrix and for me, the highest has always been hurricanes. Everything else after that had been lower risk and lower impact.

About the middle of the road risk/impact has been societal unrest or failure. The may include political unrest or upheaval.

The issue is that with this type of disaster, a slow moving one. There are many aspect of this from supply chain to financial to physical violence and mass migration.

I do see this as a slow moving train wreck but a wreck none the less. Iím looking at hard assets (land, silver, etc) as a hedge and a survival method.

What are your thoughts?
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Agree lets get back to the project, skills and DIY threads. Maybe throw in a few range day reports, BO rigs etc.

We all prep for modern life ending as we know it regardless of the reason or cause. Time to move on and deal with it.
    That which doesn't kill me had better start running.

Super Moderator

From just prior to election day I’ve been keeping all my preps topped off. Especially gas and diesel fuel/heating oil for use in the generators. Just ordered new batteries for the solar set up. Also scored a few boxes of ammo although most ammo is pretty scarce now. Already have seeds for the garden and canning lids in hand. The very last of my debt should be paid of in the next few months. If Biden gives us another stimulus check that should make me debt free. I’m about as ready for the coming shit storm as I can possibly be.

i would love to string up some barbed wire fencing but I’m pretty sure the township would object.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

planning for a big garden in the spring and loading up jars and lids for the harvest.. The dilemma here if it's total grid down is wood. Have a years worth split and stacked and close resupply available, but that is because nobody needs it now for heat, cooking, boiling water. If it comes to that, wood is going to be in short supply everywhere here!
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Super Moderator

I need to spend time building more waist high raised beds. I basically have very little yard and a portion of that is a steep slope. Add to that 2 large trees and my growing space is limited. So I am mostly limited to my patio and a small strip beside the house. My wife doesn't want one in the driveway but, if things get bad, I don't think she will object. There is also the garage. I do have the ability to grow inside. That would take some work but I could make it happen.

Super Moderator

Sorry, double post.
    Last edited by inceptor; 01-08-2021 at 11:35 PM.

Might try and procure some seeds tomorrow. Start garden early indoors this year.
    Otherwise, we're good.
    Ready. You?

If I plant anything this coming spring it will probably be herbs and spices and in the raised bed only.

I have some major projects to do that will take up most of the good weather.

Redoing the back deck is one of them.

Another is finish putting my lab together, everything is scattered all over the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    I need to spend time building more waist high raised beds. I basically have very little yard and a portion of that is a steep slope. Add to that 2 large trees and my growing space is limited. So I am mostly limited to my patio and a small strip beside the house. My wife doesn't want one in the driveway but, if things get bad, I don't think she will object. There is also the garage. I do have the ability to grow inside. That would take some work but I could make it happen.
    Yeah, we know about garage growing, busted a few!
    Prepared One and inceptor like this.

putting grow lights and a small heater in the greenhouse tomorrow. then starting some seeds...
    splitting some more wood too - lots of rain & wind here in the wet PNW...
    Plenty of trees down in the back woods, but they'll keep for now.

Peace,
    Michael J.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links