The BPH RadiGo Project - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The BPH RadiGo Project

This is a discussion on The BPH RadiGo Project within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Part II: Make the RadiGo a truly portable rig. First up, more copper from Maynards to make a 2m j-pole. Here it is, about 25' ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The BPH RadiGo Project

Part II: Make the RadiGo a truly portable rig. First up, more copper from Maynards to make a 2m j-pole. Here it is, about 25' up on the WonderPole leaning against the roof.

The BPH RadiGo Project-2m-jpole-25-ft-post.jpg

Cable and connectors to hook it up are on order.
    NMPRN likes this.
    My New Years' Resolution is 240p.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

That's bad-ass man! I think you did more than dip your toe LOL. I bought a couple Baofeng units and I was proud of myself. I need to hang out with you. Motivation!

Looking good! This has semi inspired me and I'm waiting for a deal to pop up

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

A prepper friend has a nice little get away. Is a ham and wants to have a removable mast/antenna for a dual band radio. Removable because of lightning potential and of course for OPSEC. Obviously, the taller the better, but must be easy enough to put up and take down. Here's the big problem, like most of us, money is a big object. Any suggestions. please?
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    A prepper friend has a nice little get away. Is a ham and wants to have a removable mast/antenna for a dual band radio. Removable because of lightning potential and of course for OPSEC. Obviously, the taller the better, but must be easy enough to put up and take down. Here's the big problem, like most of us, money is a big object. Any suggestions. please?
    Would a WonderPole work?

Also in the works is a roll-up antenna made with ladder-line. I need a tall tree to deploy it with any height, but that might be another option.

The parts came today to make a variety of cables for mobile use. Cable, PL-259s, adapters, SO-239 couplers......

I already have a 2m j-pole built. Now to start in making 50-, 25- 12- and 6-ft cables so I can use the radio in the field.

The BPH RadiGo Project-mobile-antenna-parts-post.jpg
    MountainGirl, NMPRN and hawgrider like this.

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    I've been wanting a SOTAbeam mast. The TAC7000HDS is about $100 (they come in different sizes)

Got some cables made and was finally able to take it out to the local city park parking lot and try 'er out in the field.

The BPH RadiGo Project-first-outing-w-wonderpole-post.jpg
    NMPRN, Denton and hawgrider like this.

Very good project, I hope you water tested that ammo can before you did all that work. I am doing the same thing with a larger ammo can and it will protect a HF rig with tuner and power supply. There will be battery jacks to charge/use battery power and HT chargers that plug in. I don't know about the USB chargers, I don't use much equipment that used that voltage. I have a HF backpack station now that uses batteries in a lunch box. I use an ICOM 703 with that set-up. I carry the radio, antenna and coax in the backpack. I also carry large plastic trash bags to protect everything is we run into a rain storm. When I build this comm-box I will paint mine a light color as the New Mexico sun can cook everything. Years of camping on the beach in Texas we painted our ammo cans white and used them to protect high-dollar cameras. Cameras don't work too good after you pour the saltwater out of them. Here is a photo of my backpack HF station. The BPH RadiGo Project-sarapicnic2015-008.jpgde KA5SIW

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Got some cables made and was finally able to take it out to the local city park parking lot and try 'er out in the field.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First Outing w WonderPole post.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	274.3 KB 
ID:	110633
    Work good?
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links